Well, the in game party members were rubbish

I know they have conversations and side plots and stuff, but Im a min maxer at heart and want to have full control over my whole groups builds. I didnt know I could do that with adventurers when I started playing, but now I know how!

So I began making a full adventurer group:

JsNHU2k.jpg

1) Max deflection fighter tank

2) Max might + con barbarian

3) Ranged rogue main character just because all that trap XP in the first dungeon

4) I like mages.

Also I had all of them take athletics as their main skill so less resting needed.

Edited by Mungri
  • Like 1

I understand wanting a powerful party (and sometimes I want one too, eventually, which is why I'm glad there *is* an Adventurer's Hall) but I also like imperfect companions. I think it's more interesting to go through a storied game where everyone isn't extra powerful. eg, I don't always want The Avengers.

Which is probably why I always grabbed Xan.

But on some replay I am going to be making that handpicked party...

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've been harsh about the premades elsewhere, and they are terrible for what I want out of them. However, it doesn't mean they are trash. Just not how I would build with the PC I am running now. With the conservative builds they have, you really need to just know what is coming at you through the game, and build a PC to fit the companions given to you. Which is the opposite way I would design a game like this. 

• Like 1

The companions are built pretty badly yeah (too badly, ****ty stats don't make characters more interesting sorry Obsidian), and the character interactions are honestly not the end of the world as far as I've been able to see so far (lvl 5). I'm sticking with them though (on hard), but lack of tanky characters is a problem.

• Like 1