missing tactics/party AI

So far PoE has been a bit of a nice timewarp, but I think some things could be better. One of those is the lack of any party AI. Would be nice to have some party AI setting aka tactics to cut down on micro management.

Typos? Aliens. Errors? Aliens!

Josh said they want to do this for the expansion/sequel, but there wasn't time or budget for it in the main game.

(Personally I prefer to play the game myself.)

Most of the AI packs in IE games were useless but I agree that some of the basic ones make a huge difference to quality of life. There's a lot of stuff to keep track of in fights as it is so I often find myself really missing the basic AI scripts like Standard attack or Ranged. Currently after casting a spell your party members will just stand around so in the heat of battle it's very easy to miss your Cipher isn't actually doing anything after he finished his spell.

Edited by Dynellen

Josh said they want to do this for the expansion/sequel, but there wasn't time or budget for it in the main game.

(Personally I prefer to play the game myself.)

Most of the AI packs in IE games were useless but I agree that some of the basic ones make a huge difference to quality of life. There's a lot of stuff to keep track of in fights as it is so I often find myself really missing the basic AI scripts like Standard attack or Ranged. Currently after casting a spell your party members will just stand around so in the heat of battle it's very easy to miss your Cipher isn't actually doing anything after he finished his spell.

I never used *any* of the AI packs in the old IE games. I tried once...got my whole party killed. Worse than useless. I micromanage combat like mad; I pause it literally every few seconds.

You can set it to pause after ever active ability is finished, too--which helps a lot, honestly. I have auto-pause set for enemy sighted, enemy death, and active ability finished.

AI is certainly a cool feature, but I find it's generally done....poorly. The vast majority of the time, unless it's a faceroll encounter, I tend to just take control of them myself or do away with it altogether because there will be some AI command I've thrown in and they waste a potion or ability.

I just hope there is a switch to turn off auto attack for single character (or does the system already have it?). My main character (chanter) always ran into enemies attacking when supposed to run around filling chants for invocation, while summoned phantoms stop attacking after enemies teleport around. 

Edited by sorrowofwind