hirelings "currently unpaid"

I'm getting this bug too, I even tested it by firing/rehiring half of them, the refreshed hires do not change to "unpaid" but the ones who list "unpaid" don't lose that status either, even after the payday notification. It took the correct amount out at payday so I'm not sure if it's not registering that they got paid or if the visual indicator is just broken.

The game mechanics regarding the stronghold are pretty obscure. My hirelings have the ''unpaid'' tag but deduct funds from my total every so often, with no discernable pattern to the payments. They also give me their prestige/security bonus so I'm assuming they work, the tag is just a bug.

Random encounters are also weird. I got the same cruel lord visiting, 4 times in a row.

Just a "me too" post to say that my hirelings are unpaid and hostile, even though I got a message saying they were paid on time. Leaving and returning to the stronghold doesn't fix it--they're hostile no matter what I do, so I just can't go there anymore.

Mine have not been paid in this way. They remain listed as "currently unpaid" whether I visit the strong hold or not, whether it's time they were paid or not. And when they have not been paid for a long enough length of time they turn hostile.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some very bad things were happening to hirelings when you reloaded your save after restarting the game, including them losing their "paid" status. That's now fixed and will be in the next major patch (1.7?).

• Like 1

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.  They released this game without finishing it.  There. It's said.  They took WAY longer than promised and still released it half finished and with no instructions or tutorial.  I want to love this game, I DO love this game, but the longer I play, the more evident this becomes.

...Yes, and? I mean, seriously, their budget wasn't unlimited and they had to release it at some point in order to recoup costs so that they had money to further patch it. As long as they kept it cooking for as long as financially possible before they did release, that's all they really could do.

Brown noser.

Cant EDIT: let's just leave the licking out of it. <.<