Is there any reason to not equip priest with scale armour?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, you still probably want to be using the classic unarmored mages, and heavy armored tanks.. meduim clerics, light rouges etc., because it makes sense, not because "you have to cause the game tells you to". I like this system.

Personally, I find heavy rouge seems to be a bit offputting, unless maybe you work in the Salty Mast.

• Like 3

Yeah, you still probably want to be using the classic unarmored mages, and heavy armored tanks.. meduim clerics, light rouges etc., because it makes sense, not because "you have to cause the game tells you to". I like this system.

typical we have priests in the lightest armour, even lighter than mages.  the need for a heal or cleanse is more likely to be a desperation requirement than is any other kinda spell or power, so am wanting speed from our priests... which is made all the more difficult 'cause might and intelligence is our attribute focus for the priest, so we likely don't have the kinda dexterity that is gonna negate any kinda armour penalty.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Personally, I find heavy rouge seems to be a bit offputting, unless maybe you work in the Salty Mast.

Psssh. please. heavy rouge makes you and your companions look FABULOUS™

tpEemh4.png

• Like 5

xosmi.gif

I used to have medium and deavy armor on Durance but changed it to a robe when he was about level 8 or 9. I needed a faster priest in hard battles and I usually had him at back with a firearm, so usually he was not involved in melee.

This. In early levels you want casters in heaviest possible armour. They don't have that many spells available, so it's not as important to have them cast quickly. Later in the game when spells availability skyrockets spellcasting speed becomes very important. It's just as important for priests because they need to quickly pump the party with beneficial spells.

That aside, Durance looks just stunning in some metal, so I simply left him in for 'roleplaying purposes.' (I had pc priest, so he took care of protections)

2015_04_25_230650.png

Edited by dododad

I agree with those who say medium or heavy armour at the lower levels for spell casters and priests.  Lighter armour or enchanted robes at level eight when there are a lot more spells available.

Priest spells can be very effective.

Edited by Nakia

I have but one enemy: myself  - Drow saying

nakia_banner.jpg