So: what do you want to see in the next big Infinity-Engine style game from Obsidian? Be it the sequel or one of the two expansions? (Probably the sequel: from what Obsidian has said, the expansions are likely to be -very- small in scope).
-
I'm pretty damned happy with Pillars of Eternity, so my wishlist really doesn't include all that much--and I'm fairly confident everything I do want will be delivered. So, er, anyway, here's my list.

-

• More party banter/dialog.
  • Along that line: maybe have a "relationship" style quest w/ lots of dialog--not necessarily romantic in nature. 
  • More terrain diversity (IE deserts, tundra, steppes, etc.).
  • More awesome fantasy weather like Biawics(sp?).
  • More party diversity (with so many awesome races to choose from, PoE has too many white male party members).
  • A respec option.
  • More and more powerful magic spells!

-

...So what do you want to see added to the next game?

Edited by Arsene Lupin
  • Like 6

This is going without saying:

• Along that line: maybe have a "relationship" style quest w/ lots of dialog--not necessarily romantic in nature. 

Awesome writhing too but no need to mention it, we will get it any way. What I would add is:

• More reactivity, or better say - recognition. It's a bit immersion breaking when someone comments about let's say eyes, for example, of a death-god-like character without visible eyes.
  • More voices (while we are on characters)

Actually, it's sound like "more of the existing game features" and we will get it :) 

• Like 3

A timer like Civ 4 had. I keep losing myself in the game and staying up WAY too late.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

This is going without saying:

Awesome writhing too but no need to mention it, we will get it any way. What I would add is:

• More reactivity, or better say - recognition. It's a bit immersion breaking when someone comments about let's say eyes, for example, of a death-god-like character without visible eyes.
  • More voices (while we are on characters)

Actually, it's sound like "more of the existing game features" and we will get it :)

More reactivity. *Always* more reactivity. I want a game where my choices are directly reflected by how the NPC's treat me. If I'm playing a Priest, I want those priest and paladin companions to engage with me about my faith. If I'm playing a barbarian from the White that Wends, I want people to ask me what the hell I'm doing way up here. Etc, etc.

• Like 3

"PoE has too many white male party members"

*massive eye roll*

So? You can play a 6'2" blue female warrior from a different species. God forbid too many white guys/gals are in the same place at the same time.

Edited by Route1
  • Like 7

I've only just gotten to Defiance Bay + some extra stuff so I've still a ways to go but...

-More more more. I guess this come back to BG2. I hope OEI keeps the engine as it now that they've got everything in place (obviously upgrading to Unity 5 would be nice if possible) and just focus on creating content. PoE is really big already but yeah... would love it if they just completely knocked it out of the park with PoE2, make the biggest RPG EVAR!

-Obviously related to the above but more companions is always nice.

-Again, even more reactivity, also nice!

-Many MORE enemy-types!

-I would like for the map to be even more open. It feels like you kinda "snake"  your way through a path in the game. I'd love for a more open feeling in the map progression, really being able to take off wherever you want.

-I'd actually welcome LESS (yes, not more!) voiceacting. There's actually so much VA in the companions that it feels weird when they do have certain dialogues that aren't voiced. And besides, I just don't think the voices add that much given how the game presents itself. It's just not needed and kinda gets in the way. Instead, spend the VA money on...

-... more music!

So yeah, basically it's just... keep the framework as is. No huge graphical upgrades, or 'were going 3d!', type of stuff. Keep it largely the same rules-wise (additions of spells and abilities are always nice of course) and then just go to town on creating tons of content.

• Like 3

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Area maps need to be utilised much better than they are currently.

This has been my only gripe with the game so far: there's too many areas which have nothing of interest, worth or value apart from flavour text. BG and IWD never let you go empty handed if you explored every nook and cranny, even if it was only elven wine or some such vendor fodder. Seriously, there are so many places which have nothing to discover apart from some flavour text and even then most of it is atmospheric and not lore or story based. Sure we have plants that we can harvest now, which is a boon but nothing beats finding that tiny brick with that hidden stash of potions or gems. There needs to be more "hidden" things and much more items strewn through the world, even if they are only vendor fodder. I want to be able to interact with these beautifully drawn and rendered maps much more than I am currently.

Otherwise, the game is brilliant.

I've just reached Defiance Bay, so perhaps there will be something similar (I specifically am not reading up on game mechanics, etc, but am discovering it as I go), but one thing I really, really miss from Baldur's Gate 2 was the concept of reconstructing historic weapons.

I loved finding a sword pommel in an old desk draw, a broken hilt somewhere else, and that itch it gave me to keep exploring until I found the blade and could have it reforged.  Or the bow and bowstring to a legendary bow.  In BG2:ToB it was.. Cespenar..?  That reforged these types of items?

It both encouraged a person to explore, and really rewarded them for doing so.  I haven't played another game since that had something like that, it's always been fairly generic crafting systems.

Ability to drop items

Reworked encumbrance with option to switch off for people who prefer unrealistic-but-no-managing unlimited inventory

Random encounters! Are there any? I'm early in the game. I hope they are there in some form as getting the same encounters on every playthrough will be dull.

Individual sneak mode

Ability to 'wait'

Ability to talk to the 'kickstarter' type characters rather than just view their backgrounds but have no other interaction with them

- Make interrupt builds actually work, make fast weapons good for something.

- Stealth per individual member, not an on/off switch for the entire party

- More interactions with the party, better (stat wise) party members, also, dont have to voice a lot of them, just add more choice in party members. In comparison to BG2, the pool of members (8) is really small.

tsgUO.gif

1.) Modding tool

2.) Allowing you to place more than one trap at time

3.) More spells :) I'm a mage, so i always want more spells

4.) Romance. I don't exacly feel the party without one...

5.) Like someone stated above, more terrain diversity

6.) Having elemental spells actually ma a diffrence like in Original sin, when rain make you soak, and lessen dmg from fire.

7.) Having options in the dialog's that allow you to use spells, for example during talk with a guard, you can cast mirror image, and order him draw attention from you. Okay, mayby not the most ideal example, but you understand what i say, right ?

8.) I know there is a reputation, but it would be nice, to have some light side/dark side points. The abillites of you character could wary depending on what side you swing.

• Like 1

• A respec option.

LPRsFOq.jpg

• More party diversity (with so many awesome races to choose from, PoE has too many white male party members).

The NPCs are decided in such a way as to suit the setting, location and story, not to fill up a racial/gender quota.

Also, the Bioware boards are to the left of here.

From my thread, named "My Ultra-Conservative/Reactionary Wishlist for the Expansion":

I accepted a lot of IE features being omitted from PoE with the argument that they were not very enjoyable. I reconciled with other features being omitted with the explanation that development time/resources were not enough. When it comes to the expansion though, I will raise my expectations. Taking into account the fact that the team has experience with the engine tools and has a solid base to build upon. The features I was sort of disappointed to see gone from PoE and want back in the expansion are these, off the top of my head:

1. Arrows, bullets and bolts for projectile weapons.

2. Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis

3. Map notes

4. The damn volume sliders from IE games.

5. The damn interface feedback sliders from IE games.

6. Splitting the party between non-party-required areas, which in combination with

7. Stealth on party member level will allow for the party's prowler ro scout ahead in buildings effectively.

8. Separated stealth and trap-detecting stance - it just looks silly to have your party go semi-transparent and in stealth when you really want to look for traps, Immersion-breaking too.

9. Pickpocket as an ability - I think there is a no small segment of players who find it fun to pickpocket every npc just to see what they'll find. I know I've done it throughout Baldur's Gate and Athkathla original.gif It's similar to that silly mmo game where you just open chests. The surprise of what you'll find drives you on. Not to mention that a pickpocket mechanic can be used in quests.

I'll limit this wishlist to features I want back from IE games, without writing about new features which I think would add to the gameplay such as a more complex search for containers mechanic for example.

What do you think about this little list. Anything here that you also consider important?

Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 4

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Here's my wishlist for either the expansion or the sequel:

- Voice acting should be used more for narration

- More and better animations

- Try to make the world even more alive (moving trees and grass)

- Try to implant a weather system (random rainfalls, fog at dawn, etc.)

- NPCs should have a schedule

As for the expansion:

- One or two new classes would be nice, also new companions.

- more music!

- more of everything

• Like 3

*Adventuring in Old Vailia, I'd like to see a great Vailian -MALE- npc thank you, and not an old man, can we have a cool young black guy as a character for once who is like a wizard, ranger, ciper, you know something not so typical. *glares at rogue* It would be awesome if he had one of those "Houses on the Ocean" that the Vailians tend to have, this way we can adventure in other parts of the world

alessandro.jpg

*The ability to have more than one Vailian/Ixmatl/Boreal Dwarf npc part of the party at the same time with their own distinct storylines (sorry if the so called traditionalists get offended by having too many coloreds in their game - I mean why reflect a multiracial world at its fullest eh? /sarcasm)

*More bantering between npcs

*More Eder

*More Aloth

*Adventuring in the Adeyr republic

*I'd like to see Rauatai

*Better weapon differentation

*Better armor differentation

*Multiplayer - even if its just co-op

*DM Mode

Edited by Ultimo Noressi

Lorenzzo Medicci

"Come Vailia , vino ottiene solo

migliorare con il tempo . Perché il suo

modo Vailiano !"

I think the Chanter needs more class specific talents. As of now all I see is Ancient Memory, and a talent that improves it. Otherwise you pick from generic talents that all classes do. I am only level 6 or 7, so perhaps they get a few more at higher levels. However, it sucks leveling a Chanter and only selecting generic talents while getting to select neat class specific talents for companions.

So: what do you want to see in the next big Infinity-Engine style game from Obsidian? Be it the sequel or one of the two expansions? (Probably the sequel: from what Obsidian has said, the expansions are likely to be -very- small in scope).

-

I'm pretty damned happy with Pillars of Eternity, so my wishlist really doesn't include all that much--and I'm fairly confident everything I do want will be delivered. So, er, anyway, here's my list.

-

• More terrain diversity (IE deserts, tundra, steppes, etc.).
  • More awesome fantasy weather like Biawics(sp?).
  • A respec option.
  • More and more powerful magic spells!

-

...So what do you want to see added to the next game?

Respec option seconded.

I've read through the posts from people saying stuff like :

- it breaks the game : fine, don't use it

- it doesn't fit with the RP : actually it does, ever hear of a career/specialty change in real life ?

- people don't want respec options/mods : oh really ? the whole BG/IE series had Near Infinity and the *Keeper series, which allowed you to entirely respec your char, with a bit of fiddling; dragon age origins had a respec mod featuring in-game ravens with potions of respec.

- people should already know the skills because there was a beta : I didn't get to play the beta

- it basically renders your decisions and build unimportant : again, don't use it

I've taken Backstab on my rogue and used it TWICE in the whole game, TWICE !

So how about cut us some slack ?

You don't want to Respec, fine, disable it in the options or if it cannot be deactivated, just resist the temptation.

Surely people as virtuous and self righteous as you can wrestle down the urge !

Basically, just because you don't want to use a Respec option, you're asking that it be taken away from everyone as well.

What does that say about you, when really adding a possibility absolutely does not force you to use it ?

Please reflect on that, see where the train of thought leads you.

Crafting needs some love.

Should also point out that I have found Crafting lacking.

While I understand it has to be limited in some way so as to conserve the appeal of unique items, my rogue is well on his way to level 9 and is still using his Azureith's Stiletto.

And the answer as to "why ?" is because 80+ damage Jolting Touch crits just make fights that much easier.

So basically I've been stuck on the same weapon since level 2, something could obviously be improved here.

Crafting should allow people to add procs to weapons (remember NWN2's flaming bursts and such ?).

Last but not least, I believe the level requirements for crafting are uncalled for.

Getting one's hands on the materials should be enough of a level/skill check.

Should be an Expert Mode option.

Traps are very underwhelming.

While enemy traps certainly hurt your team, the ones that can be set up by your own party members really are lackluster.

I mean, 17-20 damage from a level 7-8 Chain Lightning trap ?

That's less than the first level spells Jolting Touch and Fan of Flames.

IDK about anyone else, but I just sell these for the cash, totally not worth using.

While I realize some people may disagree with my statements, I believe the Respec and Crafting Level ones should exist as Expert Mode options, to be enabled or disabled at the player's leisure.

Don't want to use either ? Resist the urge, or simply disable them.

Read this far ?

Thumbs up to you dear reader :)

• Like 1

• A respec option.

LPRsFOq.jpg

I cannot for the life of me understand what people have against a Respec option.

The point of it being an optional feature is that people who dislike the idea can either turn it off (if it's in the Options menu) or simply elect not to use it.

Why would you deprive those who want a respec option of it, just so you have the ability to not use it ?

It being an option, by definition, allows you to not use it.

Refusing that it be implemented outright however, preserves your ability to not use it while also preventing all those that want to Respec from doing so.

Your current stance takes away from others, while not giving you anything.

I refer you to the whole lot of BG2 players who refused to play Kensai/Mage, or to use Celestial Fury (or both \o/ ), because that was game breaking.

That's the whole beauty of it, having the ability to refrain yourself from using these, while also letting people have fun their own way.

Hell, you could even get an achievement for not respeccing in your playthrough !

^--A respec option can cheapen gameplay by removing the "weight" of our choices. IE if you can change a stat/build/skill/whatever whenever you want, then there's no reason to really deliberate on the initial decision--because whatever you do, you can later undo.

So I think unlimited respecs are... seldom a good idea.

But limited respecs would be nice. Something like Dark Souls 2. I ended up starting a new character after 10 hours because I invested a lot of points into Might, in an effort to increase the damage output and AoE of my mage. Only to eventually discover that bigger AoEs are more difficult to use, and instead of the smart/perceptive dialog options that I'd want to be open to my character, I was instead only able to see the Might-based bullying/threatening options. Which wasn't cool. I'd inadvertently made a muscle-wizard. ~__~

So, yeah: a respec can devalue character creation decisions... but if that cheapening saves me 10 hours, I think it's well-worth the sacrifice.

• Like 1