I want to get out of Dyrwood. This setting just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe Vailian Republics, Rauatai or Deadfire Archipelago, some place with pirates.

This sounds a lot more like a sequel than an expansion.  And BTW, I agree with you 99%.  I'd want to get out of the Dyrwood as well, though not because the Dyrwood doesn't appeal to me.  But just because I want to see more of the world.

Necromancers as a playable class or however they are called in this setting.

This would be interesting, either as a class or specialty that you could select after meetings its prerequisites (Lore Level 6, Talent: Necromancy). Perhaps you can discover ancient tomes or books that unlock spells in this area. Your PC might discover a quest to locate spells books of a Necromancer. Necromantic NPCs in XXXXX and XXXXX would have spells books with necromantic spells in them. Obtain these books to learn necromantic spells if you have prerequisites.

While being able to create zombies, skeletons and control shadows are cool, most NPCs would not look kindly upon those engaging in such pursuits. This should be reflected in the game. Some NPC companions may not wish to associate with a necromancer and will leave if the PC selects this option. The more noble houses of Defiance may regard you with suspicion, if not outright hostility. A PC that openly practices necromancy in a village or city should face consequences for such actions. Some merchants might not sell to a person who is known as a necromancer. A merchant might demand from them a higher price knowing that others will not sell to them. The local lord might ask the PC to leave and proclaim that they cannot rest in his village (of course a sizable bribe might cause him to revoke this proclamation).

This would make necromancy an interesting and game changing choice for the player. New spells, new quests, and a need to hide their necromantic abilities from the general populace.

Edited by EdwinP
  • Like 1

Bare in mind I haven't completed the game yet...

+ More emotional music.

+ More emotional scenes; such as scripted deaths of loved characters; relationship between the protagonist and a lover/passion ( i.e. Hollowborn ).

King of Kings

Lord of Lords

I've finished the game, and I have to report that I didn't find any of the music at all memorable.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I've finished the game, and I have to report that I didn't find any of the music at all memorable.

Actually, I found a number of pieces of music to be memorable.  I remember the sounding a lot like music from the BG1/2 games.  ;)

Actually, I found a number of pieces of music to be memorable.  I remember the sounding a lot like music from the BG1/2 games.  ;)

A pale imitation of the music from the BG games.

I can still hum the main theme from Baldur's Gate. I can barely remember the music from PoE, and I played that less than a week ago.

Not that it's a big deal, PoE music isn't bad, inappropriate or irritating. It's just forgettable.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

I completely disagree with you.

The theme music is great because it doesn't try to sound "epic" with sh!tloads of strings and horns, yet it has a clear identity.

The music in the Burial Isle is fantastic, I was humming the melody for days after I finished.

• Like 2

We've already be told to expect the expansion to be similar to Tales of the Sword Coast, so maybe 10-15 areas including indoor areas, same number of quests.  Maybe a mini village like Ulgoth's Beard maybe not.

What I'd prefer is to see the city / town content expanded, Gilded Vale, Defiance Bay, Twin Elms and Dyrford could all do with a smattering of extra quests / dialogue with townsfolk.  I'd like to see more quests where the quest giver seeks me out for help instead of standing idly somewhere while their world falls apart waiting for someone to ask whats wrong.  Remember arriving somewhere and having someone run up to you and initiate dialogue, I liked that.

I don't expect to see anywhere outside of the Dyrwood, I don't think the expansion will be that big. About the best we could hope for in that respect might be a trip to the Deadfire Archipelago to visit Sagani's home and maybe solve some minor problem.  A small village, some snow maps, job done. It's unrealistic to expect a Valian city or Old Valia etc, they would not be able to do the locations justice unless the expansion is much bigger than expected, which I doubt.

• Like 3

I completely disagree with you.

The theme music is great because it doesn't try to sound "epic" with sh!tloads of strings and horns, yet it has a clear identity.

Well, I have to say, I agree with you there. If the intention was to not sound epic, the it succeeds admirably.

I agree. I actually love the music in the stronghold. I sometimes travel there just to listen to it :)

Based on this interview,

Thomas: Could you spare a few details about the expansion to our readers? Will the expansion be integrated into the game like “Durlag’s Tower“ during the original “Baldur’s Gate”? Will players visit new, maybe exotic, locations? Are we going to see Fleetbreaker Castle? How far is the development of the expansion?

Josh: You’ll certainly be visiting new locations. Part of the appeal in an expansion like this is to travel somewhere outside of the base game. We’ll also be raising the level cap and adding new items, abilities, and talents. The development is going well. The environments, in particular, are really beautiful.

IIRC, Justin Bell confirmed in another interview shortly after the game's release that there would be new music as well in the expansion.

I sure hope the new items include a black Sarevok-like plate armor with matching black helm and shield, and some colored kick-ass helms to go with Sanguine Plate and Argwes Adra XD

Better enemy A.I. and critical path that scales with level would also be rad.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What I would like...

- To Durance, Eder, Hiravias, Aloth come back for sequels. They all had (at least for me) 'open' endings and 'seeking new goal in life'. Well to be honest Eder was stated to stay in Dyrford village happily but he's to awesome for him not to come back :p I really liked all these guys.

Well... I wouldn't describe my feelings towards Durance as generic 'sympathy' but I think this is one of the best companions I have ever met with in any RPG game in terms of personal story, character, motivations etc. He is very, very distinctive. Also, events revealed in PoE's ending leave him in perfect spot for being even more interesting and developed in a sequel.

As for Pallagina, Sagani and Kana Rua, I didn't very care about them (and Sagani almost definitely went back to her village). Grieving Mother has kinda accomplished her goal and her personal story has come to an end for me.

- To enable romances in a sequel so my Monk Girl could finally choose between Eder and Aloth.

- To combine upper two and enable a romance with Durance  :fdevil:  this could be, with a proper writing, incredibly crazy, hilarious and deep in the same time.

- To make Pillars of Eternity 2 go a step forward and have truly epic plot (PoE had 'medium level adventure' revolving about player character and Dyrwood, similarly to BG1; BG2 had 'great world-deciding adventure' while Torment had 'great personal/philosophical adventure')

- For the sequel to take place in more diversified locations. I mean, PoE has very nice location design (especially Twin Elms) but I have been a bit tired by the same 'European-style green forests and caves'. I would love PoE2 taking place in Rauatai areas.

- Better crafting and stealth.

- More nonviolent and stealth options in quests.

- More humour, comedic parts of the game, funny quests, wacky ittems like the Disappointer etc.

- More philosophical/ontological/spiritual epicness of PoE last level (the Iovara's revelation was wonderful moment), more delaing with creepy/shocking/fascinating phenomenas changing your image of Eora.

• Like 1

Quick jab at those who vociferously try to keep Respecs from all the players that want the option to use it :

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73572-bloody-slaughter-talent-few-questions-and-doubts/?do=findComment&comment=1618366

Riddle me this, does Bloody Slaughter increase the crit multiplier for every single crit, or just for those it has converted from hits ?

This changes the talent's worth dramatically, and without a Respec option I, for one, am definitely not going to risk it...

Ok guys, stop emphasizing the *optional* word in every pro post. Yes, optional means "you don't have to use it". We get it.

Now please consider that we already have plenty of difficulty levels, and that the option you're talking about would alter the game in a pretty significant way. The devs would have to spend extra time to make sure the game stays enjoyable under every possible combination of options. 

For myself though, I wish the stash would be replaced with an actual gameplay mechanism: instead of just (auto-) pocketing the loot, you could "mark" it for later retrieval by a local merchant, who would cart it to his shop for you to pick up after the next rest. Or sell it for you and credit your account. Or something like that.

EDIT: it was late when I wrote this, I may have posted it in the wrong thread. Sorry.

Edited by JPNotADragon
  • Like 1

I agree. I actually love the music in the stronghold. I sometimes travel there just to listen to it original.gif

Am I the only one that always thinks about the music from the Shire (Lord of the Rings), when listening to that theme?

• Like 2

---

We're all doomed

I agree. I actually love the music in the stronghold. I sometimes travel there just to listen to it original.gif

Am I the only one that always thinks about the music from the Shire (Lord of the Rings), when listening to that theme?

No, you're not.

(I love that Stronghold theme.)

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Weapon suggestions

Throwing weapons, francisca/hand axe, dart/shuriken/throwing knife, javelin/spear,

Slings and staff slings

Shortsword/gladius/xyphos

Greathammer

Greatflail

Cestus/knuckledusters

Halberd/bill/glaive

Bastard sword

Multi-barrel pistols

I am actually completely content and in love with the current weapon selection and combat in general, those are just sort of things that seem to have been missed. Love that spears are one handed weapons, missile weapon ranges do seem abit short though and bows shoot way too slowly but crossbow/arbalest and the firearms seem about right for rate of fire.

I would really love a lot more creature and monster types orcs, goblins, giants, better dragons, manticore, basilisk, mummies, skeletons, liches, demons-several kinds would be good, chimera, zombies/ghouls, golems, ettins, purple worms, krakens, fomorian giants,

I could give 2 farts about new voiceacting, romances, cutscenes, multiplayer, DM mode, especially multiplayer which was never on the table when i backed this.

Tolerance, Racial diversity/acceptance is an attitude to live by not a freaking game parameter.

PoE has orc and goblin analogues, it has skeletons, zombies (revenants), Ghouls (guls) and golems (anamats). Given that gods are [spoilers] and there is no evidence that other planes exist, I'm not sure demons fit with the PoE setting at all.

Krakens are mentioned in the lore, kudos to any game that can pull off something that size effectively.

Edited by Fardragon

Hard counters and immunities :p

I would love OE to add **** to the game. As shown here. stock-photo-twenty-breeds-of-cocks-on-a-

I'd also like to see some great ****! As shown below.

Britain-s-Great-Tits-Now-Threatened-by-F

Yeah.. Ima bird guy! 
Edit: Why do you censor bird names?

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 1