I also think there should be a better items filter, at least in shops if not in your inventory.

Just making the item icons you don't have selected darker is pointless, you still have to scan a long list and look for stuff

• Like 2

I would personally love an option that when toggled, replaces all the spider enemies with something locationally appropriate. I would love to be able to share this game with my wife, who is arachnophobic. While we CAN wait until modders get around to it (or I could learn to mod it myself) having a developer supported version would help dramatically, especially to keep the game balance in line with what was intended.

Traps. I love 'em. When I found out they're recoverable with a successful disarm check, I was overjoyed... only to be immediately dismayed when I saw that you can only place one at a time.

Why? I get that it's most likely a way to avoid abusing them (even though, it would be hilarious to see something like a dragon be taken out instantly by dozens of traps) but it could be easily solved.

For example:

-number of placed traps at one time proportionate to Mechanics skill;

-have the traps' strength and damage, again, proportionate to the Mechanics skill;

-give the enemies the ability to detect traps (not sure if they do this now, but from what I've seen, they can't) and avoid them.

or any other number of ways.

• Like 3

Traps. I love 'em. When I found out they're recoverable with a successful disarm check, I was overjoyed... only to be immediately dismayed when I saw that you can only place one at a time.

Why? I get that it's most likely a way to avoid abusing them (even though, it would be hilarious to see something like a dragon be taken out instantly by dozens of traps) but it could be easily solved.

I agree with this and would like to see this feature as well. As for "abusing" traps - that's something that happens in the real world as well. I think it might've been on BBC that I saw some guy from the Pakistani military talking about how terrorists in a certain area had put IEDs everywhere - on the roads, in the houses and even in the trees. So it's a legitimate tactic that you should be able to employ, assuming you have the resources.

• Like 1

I also think there should be a better items filter, at least in shops if not in your inventory.

Just making the item icons you don't have selected darker is pointless, you still have to scan a long list and look for stuff

Would be nice if the TAB key would show all the character names (including enemies) in combat, I'm having a hard time finding out which char is which in combat.

I would like to see that too. I think both would enhance the game experience a lot.

For the latter please display all names not only in combat but anytime the TAB key is pressed.

Make TAB function being disabled in Expert mode. Thank you.

I think it would be better if there was a separate option (that you can't re-enable once you start the new game), rather than just fitting it in with Expert mode. Some of us like Expert mode & having the TAB functionality... I'm not playing a "find the differences between these two pictures" games or whatever those are called, I don't want to spend time scanning every pixel with the mouse cursor... I'd rather spend that time with the game's story & combat.

You'd remember where every one of the containers are anyway, after one or two playthroughs...

There aren't a whole lot of (new) features I feel the game desperately needs. The map screen certainly needs a major overhaul, but that's more of fixing an existing feature, and and AA-slider is in the works, so I'm happy.

What I would like would be a zoom level slider--I'd like to be able to set the closest zoom level just a little bit closer. I'd also like to be able to scale the central UI buttons, as they're too small for me.

And for classes with a lot of spells, it'd be real handy if we could set 2-4 as "favorites" in order to more quickly cast them, ala Baldur's Gate.

- A toggle to walk

- Possibility to sneak indiviually

- Adding some reaction toward player's Race/Class, especially with the companions (having Pallegina explaining to me what's a Godlike when I AM a godlike is very very silly and immersion breaking)

• Like 2

Make TAB function being disabled in Expert mode. Thank you.

I think it would be better if there was a separate option (that you can't re-enable once you start the new game), rather than just fitting it in with Expert mode. Some of us like Expert mode & having the TAB functionality... I'm not playing a "find the differences between these two pictures" games or whatever those are called, I don't want to spend time scanning every pixel with the mouse cursor... I'd rather spend that time with the game's story & combat.

You'd remember where every one of the containers are anyway, after one or two playthroughs...

You can also just unbind it if you really want to enjoy pixel hunting without the temptation of item highlighting

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

- A toggle to walk

- Possibility to sneak indiviually

- Adding some reaction toward player's Race/Class, especially with the companions (having Pallegina explaining to me what's a Godlike when I AM a godlike is very very silly and immersion breaking)

You mean *more* reaction. There are some special dialog choices that appear in some dialogues, but there are plenty of places where the absence of such options is keenly felt. IE even in the tutorial, you can have an Aedyran player character ask about Aedyr like he or she knows nothing about it.

Individual sneak would be really awesome, or maybe have scout on passive ? or just remove the walk speed penalty when not sneaking ? ? It's annoying to walk in slowmo through dungeons, just to make sure you don't step on traps / miss a hidden thingie.

Also, the ability to show command queue. Or maybe have the characters continue attacking what they were attacking after casting a spell

Proper filters for inventory / stores. When I click on the armor icon on a vendor, I don't want the rest greyed out, I want them gone :p

"I would like to see the possibility of sharing items between weapon sets.

Very concretely, if I build a sword-and-board fighter, I might want to change between weapons, without swapping out my shield. That doesn't seem to be possible now..."

100% THIS!

Other stuff - more rewarding exploration

- created characters at inn should be at same level as main character (I am currently using  the actual npcs but it seems silly to nerf allies that you have to pay for)

- smart xp handouts

- more C&C

- more 'unique' items like that shield baord that you can use as a secondary weapon

- the whole stronghold needs reworking (NWN2's is  way better)

- seperate sneaking and trap removal/open doors

- being able to sneak individually

- spread out x p for killing enemies (ie. most of the time the first map you encounter a certain enemy type you get the max hp) That is silly.

- humanoid/named enemies shoudl give xp (ie. those gold paladins give you none but one of the xfarts gives you xp? WTH

- no xp given for entering an empty house. That's just dumb

- multi classing (yeah this would take a lot of work so I doubt this is possible til expansion sequel) but an enchanter/ranger could be a neat combo or a druid/barb. this leads to more variety

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

People are giving nice ideas. What I'd like to add - don't make confused enemies' targeting circles green. It's needlessly annoying to A-click them after your team loses aggro and auto-runs in whichever direction because the enemy suddenly became stupid. With charm - I get it, but confusion seems to confuse your team more than it does the enemy.

I would love to see the stronghold expanded. A few more things to build (like an inn), upgrades to buildings, more people (guards, servants/staff, travelers, peasants/workers, etc), and events and things to do with prisoners.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Might as well clone my suggestion.

As a kleptomancer, I tend to gather a tremendous number of generic items that I would like to sell off.  This is a tedious process, as generics get mixed in with unique or useful items.  I feel that the solution to this is to add a junk section to the stash, where items marked as junk by the player automatically go to.

Right-click an item to open the description window, then click the "unwanted" box at the bottom, and voila - every identical item will always go to the junk section.  If you mistakenly junked a item, go to its window and click "wanted" to return it to the regular filter.

In addition to this, it would be nice if a search box was added to the stash, where you can find an item by typing in the name.  Maybe add an checkbox to allow the search engine to examine the item description as well?  Being able to sort items, such as by level (potions & scrolls), effect, quality, and so forth would be the cherry on top.

I would like to see the following:

-Difficulty curve smoothed out a little.

Reasoning: Early game is especially brutal for newcomers (I had no trouble on hard) and mid to late game just feels like a cake walk for the most part.

-Level X spells as once per encounters needs to come wayyyyy down to like level 4 character level for level 1 spells and level 6 for level 2 spells and level 9 for level 3 spells.

Reasoning: Right now priest and wizard just feel really non-interactive outside of their once per days. The only time they feel like useful classes is on difficult fights. This leads people to believe that wizards, in particular, suck because they are so squishy and don't do very much in most fights. I understand that in BG it was bad gameplay to not have to think of spells as strategic resources because of rest spam. The game shouldn't be set up to encourage thoughtless spam of your most powerful spells every fight. But it would be nice to get a few spell levels to work with every fight. I also think that overall fight difficulty should go up so that I feel the need to use low level buffs and low level wizard spells on most fights.

-Wizard Arcane Veil as a Per Encounter ability also baseline.

Reasoning: Early game wizards have it rough, and while there is counter play Wizard feels unnecessarily weak. There needs to be some counter play outside of Withdraw to save them.

-Ciphers need nerfs.

Reasoning: Way too much spammable AoE CC and Damage. In their current iteration they feel like a cheesy class.

I would like to ask for Monkey Island type puzzles in the next PoE.

I really believe that the future of point and click adventures is to be merged with CRPGs.

------------------------------------------------------------

Let's say I have to grab a precious artifact to use it to progress through the main story.

What happens right now in CRPGs is that the priest guarding that artifact gives you a quest, you complete it and that's it.

What a badass CRPG should do is letting you choose between:

- Killing the priest

- Stealing the artifact with your sneaking skills

- Finding (by yourself, without suggestions) something that the priest wants and that you can exchange for the artifact.

The last point is the key of my reasoning: during dialogue the priest should give you hints about what he wants (you shhould be able to figure it by yourself, he shouldn't ask directly). The thing he wants shouldn't be something lootable from the corpse of a boss in a dungeon, it should be something that you would need to build or exchange for something else.

Key points atre as follow:

- You should figure the solution by yourself

- You shouldn't get to the solution by killing & looting

- You should need to be creative to find the solution

-------------------------------------------------------------

I think this would add a whole new dimension to CRPGs.

• Like 1

I want a spell/NPC/mechanic/whatever that exchanges the visual appearance of two head gears (hats, helms, hoods..)

Or exchanges the stats.. which is the same thing.

Silly, I know, but I want a stylish pimp hat with some stats on my rogue.

A true Endless Path :).

Very much a random created dungeon which resets once a day/week/turn (ingame time! *g*). New monsters, new ways, new traps. Maybe with the ability to chose difficulty (easy = monsters are charlevel-2, normal = charlevel-1, hard = charlevel, expert = charlevel+1 or what ever fit).

- monster could be any you already fought (including NPC factions fromt the citys).

- either several levels (like Endless Path) or realy big free-air maps with several small attached (cave or house each with 1 to 3 levels).

- Finishing (clearing) would give group EXP.

- "Rare Spawns" like the bounty champs which have a changs to drob cool loot ;).

At the moment there is no reason (no way?) to continue play after you finished all quests and killed all monsters as there is no respawn. This "never ending encounter" would let you do it :).

I know, double post, but I'd like to use one peer idear ;).

More craft recipts!

Realy want to be able to craft "Draining" ! :) :)

PS: could be part of the "cool loot" from my above idear "True endless battle".

Edited by Schakar