Aloth's Grimoire went missing

Sidushi

Question

Hello and again with another weird bug. Namely Aloth's Grimoire suddenly went missing and I cannot cast spells with this character anymore. I remember that I fought some monsters using Kalakoth's Minor Blights and then used rest, this spell makes a mage unable to cast other ones until the effect wears off. Here are the screens:

6CqReOw.jpg0jNTuVO.jpg

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y77svqkj159e0ne/1d6027456d104d4d828d0bc12155b5e5%2012044326%20SearingFalls.savegame?dl=0

Game Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttpxl9853hilr80/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks!

Hi Sidushi, 

Thanks for getting all the required stuff for this bug. I've been unable to reproduce this but have put the bug in our database. Fortunately you have extra grimoires in Aloths inventory so you aren't stuck.

Thanks!

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Hi Sidushi, 

Thanks for getting all the required stuff for this bug. I've been unable to reproduce this but have put the bug in our database. Fortunately you have extra grimoires in Aloths inventory so you aren't stuck.

Thanks!

Thanks, yes I do have more Grimoires, but unfortunaly I am unable to use them, seems like the slot is locked. Sorry I forgot to mention that in a first place.

Got same bug, the purple wand seen on the second slot on the screen is actually the 'Kalakoth's Minor Blights ' spell, because it creates a temporary weapon. My character is bugged, because the 'purple wand' never goes away and I can't equip grimoire nor cast spells. The purple wand can be unequipped by double clicking, but despite having it in the inventory, a clone of it appears in my hand after closing/opening inventory. Another bug is that sometimes when my characters lose their stamina and have low health, their health disappears completely and they don't get up after battle. The corpse is still highlighted green when I try to select it, but doesn't respond. But after saving/loading the game, the bugged character has full hp :o that's getting full hp from almost dead for free

I have the same bug with Aloth, Kalakoth's Minor blight causing the grimoire to disappear, I don't save often but use the quick save very often so this bug is a game breaker for me, as my previous backup is hours ago.  Will wait till a patch appears before playing again, hopefully soon. As to how the bug happened, I am not sure, I think I was fighting some duid giant boss under my stronghold basement, and beat him with Kalakoth spell activated, after that Aloth is bugged.

I had a similar issue using minor blights on Aloth.  Kinda scared to cast that again as I had to revert to an earlier save.  It permanently locked the grimoire slot and also started bugging out his weapon slots afterwards.  Definitely some problems when that spell ends setting things back to normal.

Got the same bug. Unfortunately I was also unable to reproduce it so all I can do is provide the saves before and after it happened.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2zxf86l4xa3d83/Pillars_of_Eternity_Kalakoth's_Minor_Blight_bug_saves.zip

This bug is very serious as the affected character can no longer use any weapons/grimoires, permanently. Trying to equip them results in a "That item cannot occupy that slot." message. Resting doesn't help, neither does saving/reloading.

Screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/7ahM5N8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DOwPjg5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oBNd9vV.jpg

Edited by Niektory

Got another kind of bug, when Aloth quits the party with a grimoire from another mage in inventory, when he rejoins the grimoire has disappeared.

I got the same bug when switching Aloth in and out of the party. I keep only two types of items in his inventory, scrolls and grimoires, and it was wiped clean when I switched back to him.

This just happened to me with the custom wizard I made at the adventurer's hall. I was fighting at Magran's Fork, when for no reason my wizard was unable to cast spells. His grimoire had disappeared, and the slot wouldn't let me equip a new grimoire in it. Thankfully the autosave that was made after exiting the ruined house in that zone was before the bug occurred still had him with his grimoire.

The only thing I can think of that I did that might have resulted in this during that time period was loot a grimoire from the south-east fight in the zone and teach one if its spells to my wizard with by right-clicking it when in his main inventory (unequiped). I had also saved and loaded shortly after doing that.

Have the same bug, and it's a simple bug )

When some1 cast a spell that alter his weapon - such as druid flame sword or wizzies balls of acid - this crap happening sometimes after spell duration is over. Your weapon simply disappear, and in this Aloth's bug - his grimmoir too. In fact Aloth will attack only with fist after that and unable to cast any spell =(

Fix this ASAP plz, this bug ruin a game =(

Have the same bug, and it's a simple bug )

When some1 cast a spell that alter his weapon - such as druid flame sword or wizzies balls of acid - this crap happening sometimes after spell duration is over. Your weapon simply disappear, and in this Aloth's bug - his grimmoir too. In fact Aloth will attack only with fist after that and unable to cast any spell =(

Fix this ASAP plz, this bug ruin a game =(

This is it! 

Repro steps:

1) Enter Combat

2) Cast Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff

3) Finish Combat

4) Save while the temporary weapon buff is still in effect

5) Load the game

6) When the temporary weapon buff wears off, your old weapon&grimoire will be gone for good and those weapon slots bugged.

The issue is that saving when you're missing your weapon and grimoire due to the temporary buff will not save the items that have been removed, so when loading the data is lost for good.

• Like 1

I also have this bug. I was like oh no... that didn't just happen.... but it did. 

I'm only a few hours in, but this needs to be fixed as these inventory bugs will kill the game.

Thanks Obsidian. Personally gonna wait for a few more patches before proceeding.

Doing this will disable Achievements for your current save but honestly I'd rather that than not being able to play.

Type this to enable the console commands:
iroll20s

Now since you lost your original Grimoire type:
AddItem Grimoire01 2

You need at least one to fix your weapons.

Then type the following which will return Aloths "true" character name:
FindCharacter Aloth

Next type this which will unlock your Grimoire slot:
(ex. UnlockEquipmentSlot Companion_Aloth(Clone)_2 9)
UnlockEquipmentSlot TRUECHARACTERNAME 9

Put one of the Grimoires you created with the command into your Grimoire slot and add either
Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff or Kalakoth's Minor Blights to your Grimoire, cast it, and then
wait for the timer to run out.

Next type this again:

Now... DO NOT USE ANY SPELLS THAT REPLACE YOUR WEAPONS.

• Like 1

Doing this will disable Achievements for your current save but honestly I'd rather that than not being able to play.

iroll20s

AddItem Grimoire01 2

FindCharacter Aloth

Put one of the Grimoires you created with the command into your Grimoire slot and add either

Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff or Kalakoth's Minor Blights to your Grimoire, cast it, and then

Next type this again:

It works until i type "UnlockEquipmentSlot" etcetera...then the command doesn't work

iroll20s

AddItem Grimoire01 2

FindCharacter Aloth

Next type this again:

You can use IE Mod to use console without disable achievement: http://rien-ici.com/iemod/pillars_of_eternity

iroll20s

AddItem Grimoire01 2

FindCharacter Aloth

Next type this again:

You can use IE Mod to use console without disable achievement: http://rien-ici.com/iemod/pillars_of_eternity

Well you can unpack the save game and edit the m_disableAchievements variable in MobileObjects.save to re-enable them as well, I just thought Obsidian wouldn't be happy to have that info posted since they went through the trouble of adding the variable in the first place. ;p