Custom Formation bug

StubbinMyToe

Question

I have three people in my party and set up a custom formation with my tank and mele DPS on the frontline, and the wizard in the back (plus there is one empty row between him and the front line).  I have this formation selected (it has the selection marquee animating around it).

What I noticed is that after moving around with just left mouse clicks (no right clicks) and changing directions, the formation will rotate 180 degrees and the wizard will be the front line and the tank + mele DPS is now in the back, so I constantly have to rotate the formation with the right mouse button!  I assume this is a bug because the formation feature is useless if you constantly have to adjust it using the right mouse button.

Note: Probably doesn't matter but this is on the PC version.

6 answers to this question

Ok, here is what I had to do to make it work:

Any time your party changes (or the party order), and you have a custom formation, you need to go back and edit the custom formation for it to re-save the order.  Then it works.  It is a bug, but at least there is a work around.

Thanks

I know what you talk about.

I also have another problem with a custom formation: it seems that whenever someone is knocked out or something (haven't pinpointed it yet) my frontline gets rearranged a bit, which isn't optimal if I'm hoping for someone in particular to take the brunt of it.

Rearranging the order of your party portraits in the main HUD changes the placement of characters in the formations. If this isn't what is causing the issue, please attach some of your files so that we can try and uncover the problem.

You can find what files to post by following the simple steps here.

• Like 2

Rearranging the order of your party portraits in the main HUD changes the placement of characters in the formations. If this isn't what is causing the issue, please attach some of your files so that we can try and uncover the problem.

He's talking about the formations you can set by re-arranging portraits on a grid of square boxes in the formation editor, not the re-arrangement of portraits on the lower-left panel.  There are 2 such custom formations you can create, the ones that are the right-most 2 in the formation selection dialog.

I would attach a screenshot but file attachment uploading is broken for me (and some others I've noticed) at the moment.

Well, I'll be... :p

Yep, that's the ticket! I did re-arrange the portraits some time after doing the formations and couldn't figure out what had happened. Thanks!

Thanks, I will try to rearrange the party and recreate the formation.