Cloaks are not shown on character(Linux)

rftl

Question

In my game Cloaks are not shown on characters.

poe.jpg

System Info

Operating System Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64-bit

Cinnamon Version 2.4.6

Linux Kernel 3.16.0-31-generic

Processor Intel© Celeron© CPU G1820 @ 2.70GHz x 2

Memory 3.3 GiB

Hard Drive 5404.5 GB

Graphics Card Intel Corporation Xenon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller

18 answers to this question

Hello rftl,

Shroud, the plugin we are using to support our capes and cloaks in game is not supported by Linux. It's something that we are trying to find other ways to support in the future, but we were not able to get this in by launch.

Hopefully in future updates we will have this feature fully supported for all platforms.

Thank you for your support.  thumbsup.gif

Shroud, the plugin we are using to support our capes and cloaks in game is not supported by Linux. It's something that we are trying to find other ways to support in the future, but we were not able to get this in by launch.

Any other disparities between platforms we should be aware of?

This one is minor (at least in my opinion), but I *really* don’t like the idea that my Linux version could be "castrated" in some way…

Shroud, the plugin we are using to support our capes and cloaks in game is not supported by Linux.

Interesting. I guess that answers why I have no cloaks (alas, I shall never know what the cloak of the obsidian order looks like... unless I go look at someone else's game screenshots I guess).

Let's be clear though, this isn't linux not supporting shroud, this is cloakworks and unity making the decision not to offer shroud support for linux. Very different.

• Like 2

Hello rftl,

Hopefully in future updates we will have this feature fully supported for all platforms.

Thank you for your support.  thumbsup.gif

Looking at:

http://satellitereign.com/forums/topic/linux-problems/

and

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/game-freeze-on-debian-wheezy-sid-64-bit.6403/

it seems like other programs are also lacking this plugin. Can you please pressure the developers of said plugin to release some kind of (non-supported) linux library? Why is it so difficult, if they already support Android and OSX? I know Linux users are a small percentage, but it's sad I don't get all of the game's features ;(

• Like 1

I have the same problem. With my Ubuntu 14.10. My great Obsidian Cloak and the others are not show. That is so sad. I'm waiting for the update for resolve this situation.., please developers of Obsidan. We the users of LINUX waiting for this.

Hello,

A backer here playing on Linux. More than 60 hours played in this great game and know I learned that the game can show cloaks but it's not implemented on Linux or MacOS. I expected the same game on all supported platforms when I backed this game. This lack of game visuals parity is really dissapointing, now I missing how It will look the Obsidian and others cloaks. When will this feature added? Any ETA?

Thanks,

I’m with Anagsa on this one.

It’s now been a month without any news, and it’s a bit saddening to see that balance changes seem to take priority over missing features.

Yeah, it’s a minor feature, nothing game-changing. Of course, only a relatively small demographics experience this. But we paid full price, as your Windows customers, so don’t we deserve at least to be kept in the loop?

Please tell us you’re really working on it. An ETA would be great but I’m not even asking for that much: just a confirmation that you’re still looking for a solution would make my day.

I backed this game happily the day Linux support was confirmed. Nowhere was it written that it was actually 99% of the game supported on Linux/OS X, and the last 1% exclusive to Windows.

I agree too, I'd really like to have visible cloaks on Linux as well.

I usually never play on Windows 'coz Im not into the typical AAA titles (rather retro, indie etc.).

Can any dev give us some updates? Why cant that Shroud Plugin not be ported?

How about working with the Numenera guys, maybe they can help too...

Any developer feedback is highly appreciated.