There is very low variety for male humans.

Try picking one of the original races - Three portraits per gender. Now that's a lack of variety.

As for custom portraits - There are several threads on the forums here with portraits you can use. And there's other websites with them as well.

• Like 1

There is very low variety for male humans.

Try picking one of the original races - Three portraits per gender. Now that's a lack of variety.

As for custom portraits - There are several threads on the forums here with portraits you can use. And there's other websites with them as well.

Three portraits? Every godlike has a single portrait for gender. One death godlike, one fire godlike, etc. Seems especially stupid when their head deformations are so noticeable, and yet if you dont choose a specific head you will not have a portrait that would even remotely represent your character.

1. Type in Google something like «human fighter portrait» or whatever your class is. 
2. Find over 9000 pictures.
3. Download chosen pictures.
4. Edit it. You must end up with two portraits. Big one is 210 x 330 pixels, its name must end in «_lg»  Smaller one is 76 x 96 pixels, its name must end in «_sm»   Example: malehum_lg, malehum_sm
5. Save them as PNG files into portrait directory of your game. If you bought the game on steam it should be: \Steam\SteamApps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\male

That's how I made a portrait for my blond dwarf

maledwarf0_8531976_16680213.png

maledwarf0_8825205_16680224.png

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely use any stock portraits in RPGs I play. Nearly always I make my own, or use custom ones.

"There once was a loon that twitter

Before he went down the ****ter

In its demise he wasn't missed

Because there were bugs to be fixed."

~ Kaine

Malignacious; always there with a troll thread. My god, there's more human portraits then any other race. This should be locked.

This one was much too obvious really. But even though people somehow didn't seem to notice, it didn't really provoke any reactions ("zomg, human males have the best selection, are you on drugs?!?"), so it was a semi-failure.