I decided i was going to name my Monk: Korra so i wanted a proper portrait ect so i went through and found a few based on the Avatar series and cropped them for some simple portraits that fit my theme for my party of 6.

Thought i would share them if anyone else wanted them.

Copy them and rename them "male_human_r_lg" for the large one and "male_human_r_sm" for the small one. change the letter R to what ever letters are not being used in the folder just make sure the large and small version of the same picture share the same letter, do the same for female just replace male with female in the picture name and make sure its in the female folder.

Where to place:

\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\male

\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\data\art\gui\portraits\player\female

If you are starting a new game you do not need to replace any existing pictures in the folders, but if you want them to apply to a game already in progress you need to overwrite the portrait you want to replace just make sure you back up the original first so you can revert back to it at any time.

Mako

Ugi92DZ.pnglv584V9.png

Bolin

7dydA0Q.pngSOyAigr.png

Asami

ZakKypx.pngrAJmG0O.png

Korra

ZMgXnCJ.pngC8dzgtq.png

Katara

e70DGMA.pngFdviKJv.png

Azula

FvaMiyf.png9m113IB.png

No, and No.

But this falls under fair use.

What is the character of the use? Is trade actually or potentially diverted from the copyright owner to me?

* Nonprofit

How much of the work will you use?

* Small amount

What effect would this use have on the market for the original or for permissions if the use were widespread?

* None

Also there is a pretty good chance almost any portrait pack that people are using for this game are likely recycled pictures found using Google. None of it impacts the originals.

Edited by wildace

Don't throw fair use in my face... your alteration is not sufficiently transformative to count as fair use. It's generally just polite to ask permission, or AT LEAST, link back to the artists whose work you used (and it's multiple, using a reverse image search). The Internet is not a free image source, as was already argued ad nauseam in an earlier thread. "Other people are doing it" is not an excuse. It would be one thing if you were doing this for yourself, but once you alter and redistribute publicly without permission or a source, it's a different matter. Don't be a **** and just link to the DeviantArt pages you got those from if you can't be bothered asking. You clearly like the artists' work enough to use it so give them some credit.

But whatever, do what you want.

By all means feel free to link to the creator, because i never bothered to see where they came from, i literally just typed the character names into Google image search saw an image i liked for the character and then copied it right from Google search, never went to the origin pages and really can not be bothered re look them up.

But you are more than welcome to post who made the originals if you feel it is needed.

Really not trying to pass them off as my own work, and if anything Google is to blame for making images so easy to just grab and crop ;)