Raedric impossible?

Heya,

My party of 5 (Fighter (Eder), Barbarian (PC), Wizard (Aloth), Priest (Durance), Priest (custom character)) is inable to kill Raedric at the end on easy difficulty.

My party is lvl3 (and the custom character is lvl2). There are just too many enemies, Eder cant tank them all (I have defensive stance on). My barbarian can barely tank as well. the 2 priests cant keep them up and I have too low dmg to kill them quickly..

At what level are you supposed to do this? Should I try later? Or am I doing something wrong?

Someone help me please :)

I tried several positions. I did let Eder tank all, did Eder tank half and my barb tank half etc...

I played the whole game on normal, just switched to easy for this fight only. In fact I found the rest of the game quite easy so far (I was considering to go to hard difficulty, until I came to this fight).

If you can't do it, then go do other stuff and come back later. The game isn't level scaled, so there's plenty of encounters you'll have to wait with, when you face them. :) No worry, you'll get him in time. 

I also had problems with this guy, especially the two archmages are really hard. After some trial and error, i removed them from the fight with an alpha strike: give everyone the slowest, heaviest, hardest hitting ranged weapon you can find in their secondary slot (the ones that take ages to reload). Immediately after the fight starts, hit pause, have 3 chars fire at archmage1, the other 3 at archmage2. If all goes well, this kills both archmages. Immediately switch all characters to their normal weapons and resume the fight normally (i had my spellcasters target the priest next, after that the worst is over). Still a hard fitght after that, but no longer impossible.

Clear out the main hall first. Then have your characters chill in the doorway your tanks on each side in front durance aloth and the chanter behind. Go talk to raedric with your pc. Then run away at start of combat between your tanks. Bottle neck them at the door and focus fire on the priests and archmage first.

I did this on hard with a rogue pc at lvl 3 the companions you can find up to that point and a customised barbarian two hander

Not impossible, just really tough. You might want to hire a few adventurers to max out party limit (don't worry about the cost, the game starts showering you with loot and gold as soon as levels 4-5). Definitely get Durance.

How I did it was placing my party (level 4, 5 men, Cipher PC) at the steps in front of the throne. Two tanks in front, squishies behind. I set a fireball trap, and had Durance use two Repelling Seal spells behind it. I then ordered my ranged to attack and kill the archer first, then focus on priests then mages while Edér and Kana held the line. It was a chaotic mess, I was saved by two well-placed Rolling Flames from Aloth's part, and in the end only Éder and Aloth were left standing. 

I have no idea how you're supposed to beat him the ''normal'' way at level 4, IE by talking to him and coming to blows via conversation. His goons just mob the hell out of you if you don't semi cheese the fight like I did.

The little Doorway in the north of the room.

Pulled with my rogue who went invis as soon as the fight started. 

Eder tanking in the doorway with Durance buffing/healing and hitting with his staff.

Chanter buffing and shooting his gun.

and Aloth doing flames sheenanigans to wipe most of them.

Did it with 5 (actually 4, my PC rogue died quickly) on normal.

Finally was able to beat him after quite a few trys... I leveled to 4, laid down traps I had gotten from the dungeon, took out the mage first, then used aloth and used the fire cone spell and took out the priest and ranger (lucky I think, did a 80 and 70 hit), from there I took out the champions one on one. I did fairly well I think, only lost my barbian. 

Also useful was the spirit I summoned with my main chanter.

I think the balance is off somewhat. It's quite possible to get up to Raedric with a party group that, honestly, shouldn't be fighting him yet--so if you don't plan to ally with him, it becomes a pretty serious problem.

If you want to fight him, don't initiate through dialog. The positioning from that situation is terrible,

OR initiate through dialog, but only send your tank up the ramp, keeping everybody else back. Your tank will do the talking and then get mobbed, and the rest of your team can do their thing relatively unmolested.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Yea it is good to fight them in a narrow space like all fights numbers are against you. I did it on level 5 on hard and I ran down to a doorway and let Eder do the tanking it was a very long fight and in were down to Eder and one npc

Lol well, like many many twitter users found out with the bear(s) - just because the game tells you about a thing, or gives you a quest, doesn't mean you're able to do it right away :)

I managed to take him out with a party of 4 on medium - by sending myself (tank) up the stairs and getting gang busted - and then just blasting the whole area over and over again with spells from Aloth and Durance.   Another thing I could suggest, if is you've got any ability to craft scrolls - fan of flames scrolls are DEVASTATING to the opposition in this encounter - because they'll end up so tightly packed on the stairway.  Putting lore on my tank turned out to be quite handy for such occasions lol. 

Edited by Gallenger

Indeed, Raedric was hard. I think I had to reload like 5-6 times, but I managed to do it on hard with just a team of 5 (levels 3 and 2) so it definitely is doable.

I simply told him that I would be his ally, the proceded to position myself in a much more advantageous position, and simply betrayed him. Opened up with mental binding from cipher, mindwaved the rest of the room and he was dead in seconds.

Good to know that you finally got him.

The little Doorway in the north of the room.

Pulled with my rogue who went invis as soon as the fight started. 

Eder tanking in the doorway with Durance buffing/healing and hitting with his staff.

Chanter buffing and shooting his gun.

and Aloth doing flames sheenanigans to wipe most of them.

Did it with 5 (actually 4, my PC rogue died quickly) on normal.

This was my strategy almost verbatim w/my rogue PC..popped invis after the dialogue, pulled them into the ambush using chanter's skeletons - I just used the south doorway.  Just Eder & Durance left eventually, with Durance out of spells.  With that 'barn door shield' (whatever the hell it was) on Eder, and all of the cronies dealt with - he and Raedric just smacked each other for 5-6 mins until finally Raedric dropped.  I actually just grabbed rolling flames from a looted grimoire before this fight...saved my ass.

I just did it with a 6 member party on hard. All LVL 3 iirc: Edér, Cipher (PC, mostly mind control),  Kana, Aloth, Priest, Barb. Don't forget to eat all kinds of food and drinks before the engagement to give you buffs.

Otherwise it's all about picking the right targets. I tried fooling around and retreating, putting one guy at the front etc. but that never worked, just lost a man for free and then got overrun. I opted to just choose one side and target one of the paladins/champs with pretty much my entire group, while spider-webbing and fan-flaming the rest and using cipher to distract the champs/pals. Perhaps the most important thing was to look for anyone weak (spellcasters/archer/guard guy) and slay them the moment they got within reach, then re-focus back on the tank guy. Ranging the archmages at the start of the fight as Prestidigitator suggests seems like a more elegant solution but I didn't have the firearms to do that, so it was just about waiting which one decides it's a good idea to run within range.

I was probably going to die as I ended up exhausted and a member down while facing two champs and Raedric but then they targeted Aloth and I knew he was done so I just ran him as far away as I could and that bought me the needed time to then mind control one of the champs, gang the other guy and then deal with the last one.

It took me about 2 hours so there was a learning curve (if you're a sub-par player such as myself) but I'm confident I could repeat that now. Good luck.

Edited by Stratosj