I'm sorry if this has been already asked and answered, but I've been searching in the forums for terms like "red glow" or "red glowing sword" and I didn't find anything.

After playing some hours I've managed to understand by myself the meaning of the different character ground circles (who's attacking who, who's engaged, etc).

Now, about the movement icon, I've observed that when a character is engaged by an enemy, the movement icon gets a red glow, which disappears when engagement is broken, so that red glow means "if you move, you'll be hit by a disengagement attack".

But I've observed that sometimes the attack icon "the sword" glows also red. Mostly when I move it over an enemy who's engaged by one of my characters, but not necessarily while I have selected that same character. Like, I have a fighter in front engaging an enemy, select my archer in the back, and when I hover over the enemy, the attack icon is glowing red.

I know that it glows blue when you're gonna use an ability on the enemy (like blinding strike), but I can't understand the meaning of the red glow.

So, anybody knows the meaning of that red glowing in the attack icon?

I'm pretty sure it means the enemy is flanked by you and your party member.  Much like D&D, even if you're not attacking them, your party member is still getting a flanking bonus.

I just tried caused flanking on the starting wolves with Calisca, a ranger and his bear, but the attack icon remained normal.

I also tried getting engaged with an enemy and then hovering the attack icon over a far enemy (thinking the meaning could maybe be "attacking that will make you receive a disengagement attack from your current engaging enemy"), but it also remained normal.

So I think it's not that.

Maybe it means that target is out of your current attack range, or something similar? Or maybe it means you're switching targets? I'm not sure.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Mistery solved, only happens with the rogue, glows at the start of the combat and after that when the enemy has afflictions: it's the sneak attack. It means that the attack you'll do if you click will be a sneak attack.

----------------------------

Ahhhhhhh. That makes sense, now that it's explained, heh. Nice detective work, original.gif

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u