Save Game Location?

You could create a manual save of your current game, which will remain, before starting a new character. But at any rate...

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Mac Location: \Library\Application Support\Pillars of Eternity\Saved Games

Linux Location: \Home\.local\share\PillarsOfEternity\SavedGames

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Can you install the game again to faster hard disk without save games not working? I dare not try uninstalling the game in fear of losing my progress. Anyone tried that?

Since the save games are not located in the game folder, you should be perfectly safe un/re-installing the game on a different disk, but if you wanna be übersafe, just make a backup of the save files before uninstalling.

You could create a manual save of your current game, which will remain, before starting a new character. But at any rate...Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\SavesMac Location: \Library\Application Support\Pillars of Eternity\Saved GamesLinux Location: \Home\.local\share\PillarsOfEternity\SavedGames

Thank you! I was going nuts trying to find that folder.

• 2 weeks later...

You could create a manual save of your current game, which will remain, before starting a new character. But at any rate...

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Mac Location: \Library\Application Support\Pillars of Eternity\Saved Games

Linux Location: \Home\.local\share\PillarsOfEternity\SavedGames

I can't find saves on my mac. There is no Pillars of Eternity folder in Application Support. 

I use Steam... 

• 1 month later...

Go to your "saved games" folder and right click on it.  Click on "properties" on the context menu.   Then click on the "location" tag. after inputting a new drive/path click on "move".  This will move all your saved games from all games that use that folder to the location of your choosing.  There is no way to move the Pillar of Eternity  saved game folder by itself; it's an all or nothing move.

• Like 1

Go to your "saved games" folder and right click on it.  Click on "properties" on the context menu.   Then click on the "location" tag. after inputting a new drive/path click on "move".  This will move all your saved games from all games that use that folder to the location of your choosing.  There is no way to move the Pillar of Eternity  saved game folder by itself; it's an all or nothing move.

Thanks for the tip! It did not accelerated my heavy loading/saving time however!