Capes don't change color when equipped

Mazisky

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Mazisky,

Could I get some more information on what you are seeing? Each cloak is a different item and changes it model depending on what you have equipped. Also, the Primary and Secondary color choices in the inventory screen do not affect the cloaks.

- Refer to this thread if you are having trouble finding any information I requested http://forums.obsidi...eport-an-issue/

Ah. But they do?

(Most) Cloaks take on the primary (top left) color of the character it's equipped on. (Not all cloaks - the Kickstarter Backer Cloak stays black, for example. The magic cloak you can find in the prologue dungeon does, however. And I think other generic ones as well. This only kicks in after a re-equip or reload, though.

I could go in-game and provide screenshots / more detailed steps / output logs or whatever. (Maybe test with different armors and characters, too.)

[EDIT] Ok, some confirmations.

Not Affected:

-Cloak of the Obsidian Order

-Edér's Cloak

-Aloth's Cape

Affected:

-Minor Cloak of Protection (from the prologue dungeon)

-Cape (regular one. Not sure where I picked it up.)

When you equip one of the latter cloaks, it will take on the character's Primary Color (top left). If you then change the primary color, the cape/cloak will not change along with it. Until you re-equip it. (Just picking it up and back down with the mouse will do, no need to place it in inventory) Saving the game and reloading will color it the Primary color, too. Haven't tried Map Transitions.

Edited by Ark Evensong
  • Like 1