What build would be like a Baldur's Gate Bard/Blade?

Hi - if anyone knows me from the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition forums you'll know that I loved playing Bards, especially Blades, which are basically dual-wielding high DPS rogues that can buff themselves with magic to enhance their abilities. What would be a suitable starting class/race/ and stats choice to create something similar in Pillars of Eternity? Thanks!

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Would starting as a chanter be more appropriate or a rogue?

BTW this thread should have  gone in the " Character Builds" forum section, could a moderator/admin possibly move this? Thanks

Chanter is def. more blade-esque as they, well, chant -- but you might also want to consider the cipher. No chanting, but pretty wack gameplay: you do regular combat with "soul whip" enabled to charge up your Focus, then use Focus to fire off some fairly badass spell-likes. You could easily make a dual-wielding flashy type for that.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Rogue has several active abilities, but if you want the flavor of the bard- spells, song- chanter is the class for you.

Check sensuki's youtube he has builds for two weapon rogue and tank chanter.

I found these Youtube videos from Sensuki that might be relevant:

Melee Cipher

Dual-Wield Rogue

Tank/Summon Chanter

None of them are quite like a Bard/, the Melee Cipher is perhaps the closest, though a chanter seems more like an ordinary bard
Edited by Oxford_Guy