Are skins used for anything?

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering the same thing. I've been in/done stuff in Durance Bay/Dyrwood etc. and no use for them yet. But still only lvl 7 (full party) so I've been figuring there was something later game.

But...they are put in with the lore books and things. Maybe they are just "treasure for coin." :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In contrast to another somewhat recent game (looking at you, Divinity), crafting in PoE actually requires crafting materials and not loads of other stuff and then some.

So no - if it's not sorted into the crafting tab, it's not used for crafting.

Hides are for selling.

Disclaimer: I'm halfway through Act III. So it may be that in the end there'll come a guy who creates the "Superb Greatswordpistol of Archdemon-Annihilation +38" out of 15 wolf hides and 20 lion skins, but I seriously doubt it. :D

Edited by Varana
  • Like 1

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

Disclaimer: I'm halfway through Act III. So it may be that in the end there'll come a guy who creates the "Superb Greatswordpistol of Archdemon-Annihilation +38" out of 15 wolf hides and 20 lion skins, but I seriously doubt it. :D

Made me laugh, thanks. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I used a water-skin at the beginning of the game to clean off a stone face that had a troll's moneyshot all over it.  *Shudder*

Wait, what? I must have missed this, pretty sure I would have remembered this. 

I was hoarding skins the entire game as well, but meh, didn't need the money at all. 

- How can I live my life if I can't even tell good from evil?

- Eh, they're both fine choices. Whatever floats your boat.