Vailian Trading Company broken quest

sparklecat

Question

So I delivered the seeds for Verzano, then said I'd protect him from Danna Doemenel when I went back; she shows up, we fight, I kill her and her buddies, Verzano survives, and... nothing.  Journal doesn't update, and talking to Verzano just results in him telling me to hurry up and deliver his package.  Leaving the area and coming back didn't fix it, but did manage to overwrite my autosave just before the fight because I am a genius.  If there's a console command to manually update the quest and fix my game I'd be much appreciative, especially as I'm concerned this is going to stop me recruiting Pallegina.

• Like 3

Has anyone been able to complete this quest successfully after siding with Verzano?

Mmm, I have completed it siding with Verzano, but that was by taking the conversation option leading to killing Dana already when she accosted me in the inn rather than fighting her back at his place, so not really relevant to this bug report, but it is a way of completing the quest without siding with the Doemenel,

Edited by pi2repsion
  • Like 1

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.

Has anyone been able to complete this quest successfully after siding with Verzano?

Mmm, I have completed it siding with Verzano, but that was by taking the conversation option leading to killing Dana already when she accosted me in the inn rather than fighting her back at his place, so not really relevant to this bug report, but it is a way of completing the quest without siding with the Doemenel,

Actually that may be worth a try. I keep my older saves and if this is not fixed with the upcoming patch, I may just do it this way. Thanks for letting us know!

Peace... piece... of mind

I just had issues with this. I have actually finished the quest now, protecting Verzano and have Pallegina in my party now.

I had it bug out a couple of times before it worked, I think it was down to hitting Verzano's guys with my aoe spells. I did the encounter and killed all of Dana's guys without hitting any of Verzano's guys and it went fine. Pallegina was waiting outside of the building for me

I tried again and it worked for mee too, the quest finished i managed to get pallegina. i dont know if there is a fix or what, but it is ok now! :D