Vailian Trading Company broken quest

sparklecat

Question

So I delivered the seeds for Verzano, then said I'd protect him from Danna Doemenel when I went back; she shows up, we fight, I kill her and her buddies, Verzano survives, and... nothing.  Journal doesn't update, and talking to Verzano just results in him telling me to hurry up and deliver his package.  Leaving the area and coming back didn't fix it, but did manage to overwrite my autosave just before the fight because I am a genius.  If there's a console command to manually update the quest and fix my game I'd be much appreciative, especially as I'm concerned this is going to stop me recruiting Pallegina.

• Like 3

Please fix this asap.

I cannot complete the quest and get Pallegina.

Seems the quest only ends if Verzano gets killed while you try to protect him.

I tried killing him myslf and killing his attackers...both didnt work and now the quest is just stuck and I dont have a savegame to reload.....very annoying.

This really is one of those things that makes me want to shelve the game until its fixed. But I'm also worried that its not fixable for someone that already killed her and doesn't have a save to go back to. This also makes me wish the game did something like cycle between 3 autosave and quicksave slots, would make me feel a lot happier right now. Does this game have console commands? would it be possible to force the journal update?

Please fix this asap.

I cannot complete the quest and get Pallegina.

Seems the quest only ends if Verzano gets killed while you try to protect him.

I tried killing him myslf and killing his attackers...both didnt work and now the quest is just stuck and I dont have a savegame to reload.....very annoying.

Hm, strange, I ran into this issue myself - but ragekilling Verzano after the fight worked, quest updated/completed just fine.

I have no idea whether paladin becomes recruitable, though - haven't checked so far.

There was something strange about the attackers as well. I tried to gather remains from the corpse of a woman who commanded the rest, but got a window with... no loot. Clicked "loot all", then remains disappeared. I left the building, got back in and found interact-able remains with a bunch of coins in the same spot.

Had a QA person contact me last night, so they're definitely working on fixing this.  Anyone else who runs into it, might be a good idea to roll back to before the fight in the warehouse/before the quest start if possible and continue on with other stuff from there until it's fixed.

Experiencing this same problem...

I decided to help the Doemenel woman and helped her fight the guy, unfortunnetly they turned hostile (probably because of some badly placed Fireball) and I killed everyone inside.
After I left the building Pallegina was there (barely injured), but I wanted reputation with Doemenels so I loaded the game, killed ONLY Verzano this time, talked to the Woman, got the rep, QUICKSAVED and left the building, Pallegina WASN'T THERE anymore... And I've already saved so it seems there is no chance for me to recruit her anymore... 

Is there any option... cheat perhaps which would allow me to reset the quest or spawn Pallegina/Verzano again? Because regardless of killing Verzano my quest is still like this:
asdasdasd_wexhwpa.jpg

As I wrote, the quest worked for me when I did it for the first time, all I care about is recruiting Pallegina so if it takes to kill everyone inside the building, so be it!

Unfortunnetly I've used quicksave, and my last "normal" save is like 5-6 hours of playing back, so there is no way i'm repeating this... Guess i'll just carry on with my game while constantly checking on this topic for a possible solution.

I think it could be solved by using a simple "spawn" command in the console in the Vailian company so the scene triggers again, it's a longshot but maybe worth a try, somebody could post a specific command and I can check it out! :)

same issue happened to me, fortunately i save just before entering the company, but i never manage to continue the quest after defeating Denna, nothing happens. please fix this soon... i will continue with other quest by the moment. thnx obsidian! (by the way, some news from the devs will be appreciate)

I decided to load my earlier save and do it again (time goes by when you repeat the same quests :)), anyway I choose the aggressive response to Pallegina, and aggressive towards Verzano. I killed him, the lady in the "sombrero" hat thanked me and when I left the company THROUGH main entrance Pallegina was there, everything went good. Pointed out all of my choices here, so maybe try doing the same and it might work for you, as it did for me.

I guess you might also try diffrent approaches, and when they don't work just TRY AGAIN until you have it. 

Thankfully I have a quick save before the event so I've tried this a few times but to no avail.

I'll start trying some different conversation options tonight and see if any of them work. I initially thought the bug was caused by one of the NPCs getting the killing blow on the last hostile enemy but after I ensured I did the last hit, no change.

Here's hoping this is fixed soon, because I'm going to stop playing until I can get the Paladin (since there's no Barbarian or Monk NPC :(  )

This problem isn't mentioned in the preliminary patch notes they've put up. I really hope the patch does fix it. I want my bird paladin without having to inexplicably have my character be an jerk and leave a man to die.

Edited by UrbicaMortis