PSA: Collector's Book/Guidebook - Getting 2-page pictures to show properly

Just to let everyone know - there are some really gorgeous 2-page spreads in the Collector's Book PDF. Problem is, they don't show up properly in something like a 2-page view in Adobe Reader because the pages are offset wrong. Fortunately, there's an easy fix to this problem. There are 2 pointless green pages in the PDF - one is the second page and one is the second-to-last page. Remove them both with this tool: http://smallpdf.com/split-pdf and then your beautiful guidebook will show up with the right 2-page spreads in the 2-page view of any reader. :)

Cross-posted to Reddit.

Displays fine in my PDF-Xchange viewer, if I set the View/Page Layout option to (two page, Facing) setting.

If Adobe's reader can't handle it ... another reason for me to dislike Adobe. Hehe. But it's great you found a solution that works/may help others!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Reads correct in the Windows PDF reader for me. :)

Hmm. I wonder if there was a specific issue with Adobe Reader. Those green blank pages didn't look like they belonged. Anyway - figured I'd make this just so anyone who had been confused by (for example) the map being split across two pages and not showing up right would know there's an easy solution, should they so desire. :)

Reads correct in the Windows PDF reader for me. :)

Hmm. I wonder if there was a specific issue with Adobe Reader. Those green blank pages didn't look like they belonged. Anyway - figured I'd make this just so anyone who had been confused by (for example) the map being split across two pages and not showing up right would know there's an easy solution, should they so desire. :)

Thanks Matt.

I'd suspect the green pages are there as filler, because the front cover (in a reader) would otherwise cause (in a 2-page view layout), the cover to be thought of as connected to what is supposed to be page 3, tossing the rest out of even-odd order.

The green pages are still there in my viewer, but the 2-page layout (vs. single-page the viewer may default to) puts it all properly in order.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If the cover page is on its own page, it works out properly with the green filler pages. If it's not on its own page, it doesn't. I suspect most readers default to having the cover page on its own page, which is why lots of others didn't run into this problem.

So basically... if you like having the cover page on its own more than you dislike the green pages, don't modify it and make sure its set that way. If you dislike the green pages more than you like having the cover page on its own, do modify the PDF and make sure the cover page isn't on its own.

Yup. :)