Choosing a faction in Defiance Bay

Hello guys! First post on the forum so hopefully I am posting on the correct one.

Basically I got to the point where I need to get an invitation from a faction to the animancy hearings.

I wanted to go with the Knights, so I did their quests up to the point where I have the correct dialog options. But I had also previously done one single question with the Dozens (the one required to get access to the merchant there). The commander refused to take me along because I had too much of a good standing with the Dozens.

I thought I was gonna solve this issue by slaughtering a few Dozens at their HQ, which I did. The quest journal tells me I have completely jeopardized any chances I may have with the Dozens, but the Knights commander doesn't have the dialog option anymore.

Anything I can do? :s

I've got the same problem. I allied with both factions and now the Knights wont give me more quests because of my relation to the Dozens. I got a save file with the dialog Option from commander clyver not choosen (the one u mentioned), but if I load this save file, run to the Dozens HQ and kill everyone (Reputation Scoundrel) I still got the same answer from Commander Clyver...seems like because im allied with both factions right now I cant choose a faction anymore. I heard that PoE has an ending similar to New Vegas where you get like an story of all the things you have done over the course of the game...and not be able to choose a faction sucks really.

I mean, I didn't try to choose the Dozens as a faction at this point, but I wanted to go with the Knights and it seems it is not possible anymore....and I missed maybe a cool quest.

Maybe in my next run I need to try to be more careful...but I think I never got a "warning" that "do this quest and this faction/both factions will not give u more stuff to do"

I'm actually stuck because of this. I'm trying to get into the animancy hearings, but I'm friendly with both the Knights and the Dozens. I've slaughtered the entire Deomonel family because they kept sending people to kill me. However, I don't see any way now to get into the meetings. Lady Webb has suggested that her people could get me in as a last resort, but there's no option for that. Even slaughtering all of the Dozens doesn't bring back the conversation option with the Knights. 

Feeling really stuck and not sure what to do. This feels a bit ridiculous. There should be a way to clearly choose a side between the two, because it's not clear when you enter the city that they're completely mutually exclusive. 

Yeah I thought in the end there would be a single quest where the Dozens say "Do A" and the Knights "Do B" and there you must choose your faction...I wish I could say "Look, I did some quest for you but in the end I really dont care about your people" and then the other faction is like "That was great <3! You are with us now"

I am not as far as you and havent tried to go into the animancy hearing...but it seems then that i am stuck too. The Deomonel family is still alive in my playthrough currently but I dont want to get along with them

Hmmn, so after loading the game this morning, I was able to get the conversation option for the Dozens to work for me, depsite still being a hero with the Knights. Still couldn't go with the Knights, but its not really a big deal which faction you choose apparently. You can still say whatever you want in the animancy hearings and it doesn't appear to affect your reputation with either. Not sure why the conversation option suddenly became usable with the Dozens though. 

I didn't even realize that exclusive faction quests were even a thing in this game until I had already somehow joined up with the Dozens, even though nobody ever asked me if I wanted to do so or anything like that. Would be nice if there was some kind of warning:/

That said, I did kill a bunch of Knights during what I now know is the 'introduction to the Dozens' quest, so the fact I can't join them makes sense. I also murdered a number of Doemenels, because they keep threatening me and are a bunch of prats, so no joining them is also not a surprise. I'd just prefer it if the reason given was 'you murdered a bunch of us!' rather than 'you are too closely aligned with the idiots down the street!'

I think accepting the 2nd quest from the expedition hall aligns you with the Dozens. This should be more clear if thats the case, because I need to go back like 10 hours now so I don't accept it.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Dozen:

Quest 1) Rogue Knight - you can do this quest without worrying that it will somehow destroy your chances for allying with other factions 

Quest 2) The Bronze Beneath the Lake - Accepting this quest means allying with The Dozen - so if you want to ally with other faction you cant have this quest in your journal at all

Knights of the Crucible:

Quest 1) Build to Last - you can do this quest without worrying that it will somehow destroy your chances for allying with other factions

Quest 2) ? - dont know which quest is the deal breaker (though if you read everything it should be quite obvious) 

House of Doemenel:

Quest 1) A Two Story Job - you can do this quest without worrying that it will somehow destroy your chances for allying with other factions

Quest 2) ? - dont know which quest is the deal breaker (though if you read everything it should be quite obvious) 

I advise firstly to ask questions about each factions and decide with which you want to go. Then choose your faction (do couple quests for them) and only after that go to other factions to do eventual side quests.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely pissed off about this. I joined the Dozens by accident because I do all side quests as I get them, and they happen to be put in your face right when you first get to Defiance Bay.

So then when I run into the Knights, who are a much better RP fit with my paladin, I can't join them. Despite liking them more. Then I run into the Doemenels, who I like second most after learning more, and I can't join them either.

Leaving me with the options of supporting my least favourite faction or losing 30 hours of game time. ****ing nonsense.

• Like 5

I'm genuinely pissed off about this. I joined the Dozens by accident because I do all side quests as I get them, and they happen to be put in your face right when you first get to Defiance Bay.

So then when I run into the Knights, who are a much better RP fit with my paladin, I can't join them. Despite liking them more. Then I run into the Doemenels, who I like second most after learning more, and I can't join them either.

Leaving me with the options of supporting my least favourite faction or losing 30 hours of game time. ****ing nonsense.

Exact same for me. I read the part with them saying "if you do this for us, they wont work with you" 

And i was thinking, well, sure i'll take the quest, but probably not do it. Utterly stuck in this questline aswell, as i truly dont like the Dozens, does not fit well with my char at all. 

I'm exactly on the same position , I wanted to side with knight and i'm stuck with the dozen because i just accepted their quest .

Their is such a nonsense there  :  

First quest :   Faction presentation : Ok    

Second quest :  Choose your faction : Ok but  when you FINISH it not whend you choose it ... should be  how you completed it... I have like 15 houres of play  if i want to go back to a save where i can choose the knight...

The dozens quest is like : Hey welcome i m gonna  show you the city and THEN your 're going to be able to choose your faction ....

I'm so sad my Paladin doesnt want to side with ugly merceneraires or corrupted and decadent nobles ... :(  my knight want some knight friends :(

I'm thinking there might be a way to edit this using commands. 

I tried advancing the "built to last" quest using this. 

But to no avail, no new quests or anything from the Crucible Knights. 

Anyone smarter than me, who can figure out how to undo choosing that quest from the Dozens?

I dunno I think the dialog should be something much more obvious when there is an alignment in stake.

Something along the lines

"You do this and I will make you an honorary member of "X"" 

That way you know without a doubt you are about to align with that faction. 

I hope they allow us to quit a faction rather than being locked for life. Its fine that these pricks are prejudices but if I slaughter the leaders of the Dozens, it should be clear where my allegiance doesn't lie. Lol

• Like 1

My string of bugless luck continues - I did all available quests for both the knights and the dozens (and a few for the Doems - they have me as an ally) - and I was able to get my invitation to the hearings from the Dozens when I tried...