Praise for the Collector's Guide: simply amazing

Not to diminish the value of the rest of the "extras", but I would like to congratulate everyone involved in the creation and writing of the Collector's Guide (as you might know, you can also order a physical copy on Amazon, beside obtaining the digital version).

I consider it a labour of love constantly shown throughout the pages, and at least as good as, for example, the Forgotten Realms handbook from the D&D 3.5 era . Hopefully other owners will agree with me. I think it really deserves a "praise" thread like this  :bow:

• Like 1

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

I was waiting to see what the PDF looked like since Wednesday and after looking through it I decided I wanted a nice hard cover on the shelf too. It'd be nice if they could get us codes for the Dark Horse Digital app too, but that's ok.

I'm considering ordering a physical copy off of Amazon, I'm guessing it would be worth it?

I think the digital version will suffice for the vast majority of us that are interested in the game lore (you can always print it) beyond the Cyclopedia entries ; purchasing the book is taking it a step further, especially if you like good old fashioned paper (but the whole book looks quite colourful and pleasing to look at). 

It is indeed pretty nice, even though I have noticed incomplete or wrong information in the first steps of the walkthrough.

That's the Prima Strategy guide, not the Dark Horse Collector's Guide I'm talking about ;)

Yeah, I dig it also. The lore is supremely well thought-out, much more "relatable" than in any fantasy cRPG I can think of off the top of my hat. Gods that actually relate to human concerns, imagine that!

(The prose could've used another editing/proofreading pass though, but it's eminently forgivable given the constraints.)

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

I pre-ordered physical copy of Guidebook, got it yesterday and it is beautiful. It is great to play for a few hours then pause and read a few more lines of lore.

I also ordered Prima Guide. Wish they did physical Almanac with leather binding, too.