How to fire an adventurer off your roster

Well, you can dismiss Companions and Adventurers from your party with the Party Manager, which you can access with the [P] key in Inns and your Stronghold, I believe.

Don't think you can permanently dismiss someone through that interface, though, they'll keep counting towards your max. 8 adventurer limit. But, ah ... murder will. Put 'em in your party, and kill 'em until their Health runs out. (And then again, if you have Maimed status turned on.) You can Force Attack with one of the buttons on the middle interface, or the [A] key.

At least in the Backer Beta this'll open the slot again.

Edited by Ark Evensong
  • Like 2

So you can only create 8, hard total? So if you have 8 hanging around in your Stronghold (not with you), you still can't create more? That's interesting, if so. Not that I'd expect an ability to create infinite player-made companions or something, but since you can have 5 in your party (them plus you) I might have liked 10 at least (two full "parties" worth).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, you can dismiss Companions and Adventurers from your party with the Party Manager, which you can access with the [P] key in Inns and your Stronghold, I believe.

Don't think you can permanently dismiss someone through that interface, though, they'll keep counting towards your max. 8 adventurer limit. But, ah ... murder will. Put 'em in your party, and kill 'em until their Health runs out. (And then again, if you have Maimed status turned on.) You can Force Attack with one of the buttons on the middle interface, or the [A] key.

At least in the Backer Beta this'll open the slot again.

Ahh, and their only sin was being born... created I suppose. Thanks for the answer, I will have to resort to murder in this case.

• Like 1

So you can only create 8, hard total? So if you have 8 hanging around in your Stronghold (not with you), you still can't create more? That's interesting, if so. Not that I'd expect an ability to create infinite player-made companions or something, but since you can have 5 in your party (them plus you) I might have liked 10 at least (two full "parties" worth).

Yep, you can only have 8 player made companions on your roster. I am fairly early in the game so I don't know if there is a way to raise it later or not.

No biggie. I'll probably be using mostly the quest-npc's first anyway. :)

...I probably should have paid closer attention the past couple years to knowing/remembering all the details like this as they developed, but I like going into games mostly "blind".

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

If you have 8 player made can you still get all the in-game NPC companions as well?

is the 8 limit only for custom made/hired ones?

Thanks!

Home/Gaming PC: I7-9700K@4.9GHz/Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero/EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA /Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/LG 32GK850G 31.5"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 970 EVO x2, 850 PRO x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR5 - TrackClip Pro

If you have 8 player made can you still get all the in-game NPC companions as well?

is the 8 limit only for custom made/hired ones?

Thanks!

Yes, you can still get all the in game companions even if you make your max number of adventurers ( 8 )

Edited by Soth007