Two copies of the game in backer portal? Mistake?

I just noticed that under my rewards on the Backer Portal a second copy of the game was added....this is a Kickstarter Hero Edition....but why? As far as I am tracking my $140 physical CE edition only entitles me to one digital copy of the game....which I already got, a Kickstarter Royal Edition. I have not claimed any key from this so that if it is a mistake on Obsidian's part they can remove it from my Backer Portal without any harm done.

Has this happened to anyone else? Are certain tiers supposed to have two digital copies? I even checked the original Kickstarter page where it shows the tier picture and description but nowhere do I see that I'm supposed to have more than one digital copy of the game.

Anyone else notice this or know what's going on?

35n4jsw.png

1zq6793.jpg

Nope. Obs is giving at least the 65 and 140 dollar tiers an extra digital copy, since the physical copy is being delayed. So it's intended.

Nope. Obs is giving at least the 65 and 140 dollar tiers an extra digital copy, since the physical copy is being delayed. So it's intended.

That's awfully nice of them but where did they say this? Have I not been paying close enough attention to the last few updates? I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere that I recall.

EDIT: no idea why the quotation box is screwed.....it shows properly when I try to edit the post....

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

That's awfully nice of them but where did they say this? Have I not been paying close enough attention to the last few updates? I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere that I recall.

Darth, it's just new this morning. There were some backers that had concerns because they had planned on being able to play their physical and digital copies together with their partners and had asked Obs if Obs would do anything for them, since they had backed with the assumption they'd be able to play both copies on release. So Obs decided to give at least those two tiers an extra digital copy to cover for the fact the physical one was delayed. Darren Monahan posted in a couple of the related threads (one is marked Solved, if you want to have a look for it. Should be on the front page or at worst the second page).

• Like 1

Alright thanks......is it just me not seeing them on my computer or are quotation boxes screwed across the site?

Seems to be a glitch that just started today. Earlier on the forums were behaving normally, but in the past couple hours they've been glitchy.

• Like 1

This didn't happen for me ;( 

I pledged for the $140 Collector's Edition (through PayPal because I despise Kickstarter), but my "Products" page only lists "Kickstarter Royal Edition". It'd be nice to have a hero edition key so I could get my friend up and playing the game before the box ships (which says "Pending" under shipping status, whatever that means).

Edited by Kaldaien

... YESSSSssssssss!

You guys are the BEST! I would've been content waiting for my disc, but now I just got a +15 Contentment buff! ^___________^

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

This didn't happen for me ;(

I pledged for the $140 Collector's Edition (through PayPal because I despise Kickstarter), but my "Products" page only lists "Kickstarter Royal Edition". It'd be nice to have a hero edition key so I could get my friend up and playing the game before the box ships (which says "Pending" under shipping status, whatever that means).

Give them time to get it sorted. I imagine it's going to take them a couple hours to get all the keys out to those backer tiers (they have to find all the backers at those tiers and then associate keys with their accounts). Not sure how much of a wrench Paypal backing is going to throw into the process, if any.