Backer portal link redirects to main page.

Rubarack

Question

In the steps to redeem the kickstarter pledge (literally everywhere it's mentioned) there's a link to the backer portal and a picture of an area you are meant to click on to redeem your pledge. This link now just goes back to the store page, so it's impossible to redeem a pledge.

2 answers to this question

Hi Rubarack, looking at your account, I don't see a connected pledge with it. Without a connected pledge, you can no longer make new pledges since the game is out.

If you do have a pledge that should be connected, please use the Link Pledge options on the Backer Portal page and that should help you connect a pledge that maybe assigned to a different e-mail address. If that doesn't work, please contact us at support@obsidian.net and include any e-mail addresses that you might have associated with Kickstarter and/or PayPal that we could use to check our unredeemed pledges.

Thanks,

Darren

OBSIDIAN ORDER OF ETERNITY - Officially sponsored most generously by Pierre and SD!

Hi Rubarack, looking at your account, I don't see a connected pledge with it. Without a connected pledge, you can no longer make new pledges since the game is out.

If you do have a pledge that should be connected, please use the Link Pledge options on the Backer Portal page and that should help you connect a pledge that maybe assigned to a different e-mail address. If that doesn't work, please contact us at support@obsidian.net and include any e-mail addresses that you might have associated with Kickstarter and/or PayPal that we could use to check our unredeemed pledges.

Thanks,

Darren

The problem I was having is the backer email has a screenshot of the "link pledge" button which was removed at launch. It also describes the page you are going to as the backer portal but it's only the obsidian main page. As a result finding where the link pledge button is hidden was unexpectedly difficult. On other games I backed I got a message "The games out, here's how you get it". Here it was "Here's how you get the game if you've already done step Y, if not here's a link to an older post on step Y." That would have been fine, but that post was out of date, the method to linking your pledge had changed.