Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dialogue Sound issue glitch

sound dialogue bug glitch issue speech

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Merina

Merina

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 176 posts

It would be cool to hear something from the devs.

I tried disabling IPv6, but the other stuff like VPN and the other stuff you can see in the sticky topic about common issues don't help (I don't even have any of that stuff on my pc).

It'd like to hear more about their theory as well.

Why would a networking service not only delay the speech but cut off the first few words? Or is the beginning of the speech played at volume 0?

There's nothing like Hamachi installed here.

With Calisca and Heodan at the beginning it either happens almost always or not at all. I tried moving them differently, but that doesn't make a difference.

Then when I started a new game with a Mechanics Monk, which made me curious and because I'm still undecide about my party composition, the speech of Calisca and Heodan was flawless.

Justinian

Justinian

Judicious Dropbear of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

There are 2 seperate issues being confused as one. The network VPN stuff was a temp fix for all dialogue being delayed for a few seconds.

The dialogue being cut off is another issue entirely.

Nomadicstorm

Nomadicstorm

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

There are 2 seperate issues being confused as one. The network VPN stuff was a temp fix for all dialogue being delayed for a few seconds.

The dialogue being cut off is another issue entirely.

As mentioned, I don't think it is. I had the problem of cut-off dialogue, which was fixed completely when I disabled my network connection.

That said, I mostly noticed the issue at the beginning of the game (Most notably with Calisca), and from act 2 onwards, I've been able to play with my network connection enabled almost without difficulties as well.

Justinian

Justinian

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Wasn't the network thingo meant to be fixed in 1.03? Why is it still happening?

DocDoomII

DocDoomII

Archvillain of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 844 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:DocDoomII
  • Kickstarter Backer

Bump. Still happening.

And about confusing the issues, I was not.

I just tried using the "fix" for the other problem since both are voice over related.

Edited by DocDoomII, 06 April 2015 - 02:36 PM.

DocDoomII

DocDoomII

Archvillain of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 844 posts
  • PSN Portable ID:DocDoomII
  • Kickstarter Backer

I've seen a lot of activity from the devs lately.

I'll bump to try and get some more visibility.

Baladas

Baladas

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 295 posts

Bump.

No 3 speed issues is now fixed.

So now we only need the following fixed:

1. Perma health increase.

2. Already activated ability bug.

3. Sanitarium hostility bug.

4. Looting deselects party bug.

5. Sound cutting from companion dialogue.

Looting deselects party steps to reproduce:

Select all party with backspace, loot a container, then the character looting remains selected and the rest of the party are deselected.

Expected behavior:

Whole party remains selected while looting.

Ardan Reddy

Ardan Reddy

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 45 posts
Same bug here. And I think it is related to a patch, as when I played on launch day it was fine, but since patching there is missing spoken dialogue.
Paraphrasing, "I'm not looking forward to moving that tree tomorrow!" has become "...ing that tree tomorrow!"

Etherlord

Etherlord

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:0:65202804

I have this problem too, and I believe I have it since the beginning (the day of release).

Now I haven't played for 2 days, come back after patch, and now it seems the issue has escalated. Every phrase of Adhelm is cut and by a lot.

SPOILER: http://i.imgur.com/GfE51Et.png

the voice reads from the second sylabe of the last word of the first line (sealed)

I loaded the last autosave, spoke with Adhelm again and now everything is fine - for now. Maybe some delay builds up in some situations (I was reading collected books, saving, quitting the game, coming back after a while, loading the game, reading books again, saving, quitting the game and so on for last two days or so, before going upstairs and talking to Adhelm). This delay can then interfere with voice offsets.

EDIT: after writing this post, I went back to game and the issue came back, so minimizing the game (during someone speaking or just minimizing) may build up the delay as well.

Edited by Etherlord, 16 April 2015 - 11:56 AM.

Justinian

Justinian

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

bump

Atramagus

Atramagus

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I was having this problem last night with the druid character as well. She would start every bit of recorded dialogue partway through. I quit the game, and will try again when I get home tonight.

Baladas

Baladas

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 295 posts

Bump

FuriousCarl

FuriousCarl

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Same problem here, started the game for the first time, voiced dialogue randomly skips first few seconds. I did do a fair bit of alt-tabbing, possibly related to this?

Small problem for a game that otherwise seems fantastic so far!

icer22x

icer22x

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

Still getting this.

*MINOR SPOILERS BELOW*

I've experienced this problem running patch 1.06. I never experienced it until talking to Aloth after you leave the underground portion of Woedica's temple.

Nobear

Nobear

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 616 posts

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I occasionally experience skipping which to me makes dialogue sound garbled, rather than delayed. The funny thing is, when this happens, the music and other sounds are unaffected, as is general performance. Only the dialogue becomes garbled temporarily. Fortunately it never lasts long. It's not quite annoying enough that I've even payed close attention to whether it simply resolves itself with the passage of time, or whether it's reloading a save or the entire game that fixes it.

Most of my experience with this has been on the 1.0.5 GoG Mac version. Running Mac OS 10.10.3 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014).

icer22x

icer22x

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

I am curious to know...

When an NPC begins a conversation session with you and has quite a bit of spoken dialogue, is it normal to have one or two windows with no spoken dialogue at all (just readable text)? Was this intended by the devs.? I know the entire game is not voiced, but why have a voice actor create 95% of a session and leave the other 5% for the user to read?

Either that is the case or this is a bug... because (for example) Durance will speak to me for a good while, then I choose an option to advance the dialogue only for him not to speak it to me.

Silent Winter

Silent Winter

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1594 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I am curious to know...

When an NPC begins a conversation session with you and has quite a bit of spoken dialogue, is it normal to have one or two windows with no spoken dialogue at all (just readable text)? Was this intended by the devs.? I know the entire game is not voiced, but why have a voice actor create 95% of a session and leave the other 5% for the user to read?

Either that is the case or this is a bug... because (for example) Durance will speak to me for a good while, then I choose an option to advance the dialogue only for him not to speak it to me.

^yes, normal.

Maybe some dialogue was added/changed after the VO work was done or maybe they just chose some lines over others for reasons known only to them.

Edit: Oh, and I've started getting the 'beginning of line unvoiced, then it cuts in' bug too - 1.06 on GOG, Win7.

Not always, just sometimes.  Since Gilded Vale.

Edited by Silent Winter, 09 June 2015 - 08:20 PM.

Wiggum Esquilax

Wiggum Esquilax

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts

Bump, though it's only happened in the new game I started today, only with Calisca, and didn't reoccur when I started another game.

Edited by Wiggum Esquilax, 30 August 2015 - 12:27 PM.

celliott

celliott

3D Artist - Armored Warfare

• Members
  • 640 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Hello all.  We are aware of the issue as described, I have personally experienced this intermittently.  It seems to happen more often with Calisca than anyone else, but has happened to other NPCs as well.  Thanks for your support and patience while we work through this minor issue!

• ShadowOwl likes this

ShadowOwl

ShadowOwl

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 4 posts

Hello all.  We are aware of the issue as described, I have personally experienced this intermittently.  It seems to happen more often with Calisca than anyone else, but has happened to other NPCs as well.  Thanks for your support and patience while we work through this minor issue!

This is still happening with PoE 3.0.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sound, dialogue, bug, glitch, issue, speech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users