Durance insane stats

Sidushi

Question

Hello,

I've been playing around today and after finishing the quest with Maerwald, I was told there is a guy waiting some place, so I went there and it was Durance. I had him join my party and after playing a while and a few rests at the Keep, I went to fight some enemies.

When I commanded Durance to attack it was like he one-hits everything, so I looked at the stats and they are simply insane and I consider it to be a bug.

I don't know if there is a problem with his spells and rest bonuses stacking or it's something else. Look at the screen and stats.

Please let me know if I can reset his stats back to normal and the game stats like e.g. who dealt the most damage etc.

I can provide more info, just let me know what you need.

Thanks in advance

CaHgtOx.jpg

• Like 4

23 answers to this question

lol...dem stats. I'd definitely say that's a glitch. Did you try exiting/reloading, or reloading a save from before you took him into the party just to test if it happens consistently etc?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

lol...dem stats. I'd definitely say that's a glitch. Did you try exiting/reloading, or reloading a save from before you took him into the party just to test if it happens consistently etc?

Unfortunaly I have no other saves, only the one before Maerwald quest ugh.. It took me so long to finish on Normal as I only had 3 members, all very squishy. I tried to load the game, exit the game and restart, kicking him out of party etc nothing worked. 

Hello,

Could you please attach an output log and saved game after you experience this issue in game?

Save Games location:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Output log:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

This should help us greatly to resolve the issue.

Thank you!!!

Hello,

Could you please attach an output log and saved game after you experience this issue in game?

Save Games location:

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity\Saves

Output log:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_Data\output_log.txt

This should help us greatly to resolve the issue.

Thank you!!!

There you go hope it'll help you. I have GOG version so it was in a different directory.

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/964oim0mohonnpl/1d6027456d104d4d828d0bc12155b5e5%2010921418%20BlackHammerSmithery.savegame?dl=0

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ttpxl9853hilr80/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thank you!

Edited by Sidushi

I am having a very similar problem with Durance (see screenshot below), does anyone know a way that I can change his attributes to a reasonable level by using the console or editing the save files or something?

NOTE: I am playing the GOG version of the game on a Mac. Thanks

• Like 1

I have the same issue. I think it might have broken a couple of quests, "At All Costs" and "Missing Sentries". Durance one-shotted the ghost commander for the second one, and the quest wont go away. And may have killed "Danna Deomanel" as that quest wont complete either. Might-3613, Int=39, Res=8418. Damage 2621-2931.

It looks like my attempt to post a screenshot failed so here's Durance's stats:

Mig: 3611

Con: 15

Dex: 9
Per: 9
Int: 13

Res: 8412

I found the "SetAttribute" console command in this thread: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71903-console-commandscheats/, but was unable to use it since I couldn't figure out what Durance's id was, if anyone could tell me I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by DoublePlusAwks

I noticed that the journal date for quests change to crazy numbers as well. If you start a new game the start year in the journal says it is 2823 AI. Play for a couple hours, change maps a couple times and take a look at all your dates in the journal. Mine currently reads 11289 AI, I guess 9000 years pass pretty quick in this game lol. I know this is minor compared to Durance's stats changining but it does seem to be doing something similar.

I noticed that the journal date for quests change to crazy numbers as well. If you start a new game the start year in the journal says it is 2823 AI. Play for a couple hours, change maps a couple times and take a look at all your dates in the journal. Mine currently reads 11289 AI, I guess 9000 years pass pretty quick in this game lol. I know this is minor compared to Durance's stats changining but it does seem to be doing something similar.

I think Durance was training in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to unlock his magical saiyan super girl transformation sequence. Or something.

• Like 2

I more or less have the same "stats" issue with Kana.

His intel keeps jumping albeit not as crazy numbers as the OP's Durance.

He's supposed to have 18 (17 base + 1), noticed some time ago he was at 27. A couple more hours playing and he's now at 34.

Hah, how hard does he hit?

Very hard lol When I went to check how would he deal with Raedrik, I only sent him to fight and they couldn't hit him once and he killed him with one hit about 2,5K dmg.

Is it possible for you to post where the saves are found in the GoG version please?  I also have bugged companion stats (for kana)

For Win 8.1 and GoG version saves are stored under this directory C:\Users\USER_NAME\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity at least in my case, you may have to change C: to your default WINDOWS drive.

Edited by Sidushi

Thanks Sidushi. I probably wont even bother uploading my save now since there seems to be so much posting about the issue of free stats already. Knowing how to find the saves will certainly help with any further bugs I need report though, so cheers.

Hello,

We have discovered the issue that was causing this inflation of stats. This should be resolved in a future patch, until then please note that this issue was caused by resting or transitioning while the priest spell "Holy Power" is affecting characters.

Thank you.