Please Add Better Inventory Management

I agree.

I would like it to be an individual inventorysystem, because then you can make someone in your party be a packmule. ;)

Or if the system remains the same, they should make a folder type system, which you would be able to customise.

Agree*5 :rolleyes:

KotOR had the worst inventory management of any game I've played. Though I personally don't mind this, from a 'realism' perspective, you had the option of carrying hundreds of suits of armor, rifles, swords, mines etc. on you. From a 'convenience' perspective (and this I do mind) you had to sift through a ton of the junk until you found what you were looking for. If the system is too hardwired to fix, at least give written messages distinct names (please, no more Datapad, Datapad, Datapad... oh look, another Datapad).

KotOR had the worst inventory management of any game I've played.

You must not have played many games then. ;)

Kotor's inventory system is pretty bad but is by no means the worst. Some are truly hideous in both design and ease of use. It's only in recent years that 'filters' have become an expected feature. Before then they were a total mess with every item you collect on one huge screen, with no way to organize them. A key or letter used the same space as a gigantic piece of heavy armor. Yep, those were the days - no magic/gem bags, scroll cases, arrow quivers, etc. We take that for granted now.

The datapad problem really needs to be fixed though. That was a disgrace

You must not have played many games then.  ;)

Kotor's inventory system is pretty bad but is by no means the worst. Some are truly hideous in both design and ease of use. It's only in recent years that 'filters' have become an expected feature. Before then they were a total mess with every item you collect on one huge screen, with no way to organize them.

I was thinking of recent games (the Infinity Engine ones, NWN, etc.). Yes, I suppose compared to some of the old text-based games KotOR was OK. But, just as with graphics, I do expect games to have item management comparable to what has come out in recent years. KotOR was a step pretty far backwards.

This will be fixed in the next game, I have been told...

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Keeping everything you ever pick up under the sun is NOT DOING WELL!!!!

It was a freaking pain in the you know where trying to find what you needed in that thing.

At the very least can this new system at least drop quest items when the quest is finished, so we won't be carrying around a dozen datapads plus numerous other miscallaneous junk all the time.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

We've done some changes to the way datapads work now, so there will be less of a need to dig through your inventory looking for them. They also have their own filter so that you can list just the datapads you have.

Hope this helps some.

-Akari

Agreed but i would like to see a more realistic inventory management so the character cannot carry infinite items :) but it would depend on his/her strength like the old crpgs...

Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world

It really serves no purpose other than being annoying. Why bother having me walk back to my ship every time I want to offload loot? the same reason they added the instant transport to the Ebon Hawk most of the time. If you had to walk back and forth all the time it gets dull and serves no point.

Agreed but i would like to see a more realistic inventory management so the character cannot carry infinite items

it's a shared inventory, which is also unrealistic. If you were to make strength a factor would that mean the strongest character decides how much you carry, or the party as a whole? I think you'd have to remove shared items for that to work.

If the game is based off the old NWN engine, I wonder why they didn't use the inventory system from that?

It was set up for a realistic weight based inventory.

Because it isn't really. From what they've said they redesigned it from scratch it's just they've got "company conventions" for how they handle certain things so some of it comes out the same.

I know what my own gripes are about the old inventory system. I understand your problems with the PC version's inventory system. Besides datapads, anything else that bothers you about the Xbox inventory system, though? Just curious what you guys think.

-Ferret

Yup Im a bit confused as well.

I must say, as my first RPG on the pc, (zelda really being the only other RPG I'd played) I found the inventory system pretty atrocious. I like the idea of having tabs on Light/Medium/Heavy Armours/Weapons etc, and rather than being a big list, couldn't it be a sorta, big square where each item has a distinguishable icon? So basically like zelda ;) (but zelda didnt have too many items in comparison, I might add, so had no need of tabs).