Can I run this game? Post your system specs and how well it runs.

I've seen a lot of posts in different forums from people asking if their computers can run this awesome game so I thought I'd post my specs to give people an idea of what can run the game.  My computer is a bit older and in need of some upgrades which I'm going to do soon but the game runs absolutely flawlessly for me.  It seems like Pillars is well optimized.  So, worried that you might not be able to play it?  Then just look here.   Hopefully we'll get enough posts to give people a good idea on a broad range of specs the game will run on.

My specs are:
AMD Athlon II X2 2.8 Ghz.Dual Core
4 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GTS 250
Win 7 64 bit

Hope I didn't forget anything.  Like I said the game runs perfectly for me.  No problems, no stuttering, just smooth sailing.  What's your system specs and how does the game run for you?

Are we assuming all Pillars settings are default with no fiddling?

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

So far the game has run flawlessly for me. My rig is a bit old, but not ancient:

Gigabyte EX58-UD5

Intel Core i7 920

6 GB RAM

GTX 560 Ti

game is installed on a small SSD

Win 7 Pro 64 bit

I have the same CPU. Sure it's not the latest i7/most ghz but it's held up very well and I'd consider it to still be a pretty good one.

12GB RAM

GTX 590

7200 HDD

Win 7 Pro-64

So far runs just fine at a solid 60fps or better. Haven't been in any of the areas that caused fps drops for some in the backer beta yet, tho. original.gif

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I am running a Pentium Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of ram, and a 4 GB readyboost USB with Windows 7, 32-bit. Graphics card is a NVIDIA 750Ti.

No problems at all. No bugs, no slowdowns, nothing. I had a single crash over 6 hours of playing that I think was caused by the game running out of memory because I was alt-tabbing and mushing (text based rpg) in another window. I restarted and had several hours without another crash.

Disclaimer: I usually find that when games want more then 2 GB of Ram, readyboost seems to solve most problems. I play heavily, heavily modded CK2 with the above rig, and have not had the crashes due to lack of memory many others claim to have had.

Edited by secretfire

How do you look at FPS in Steam? Do you have to use a separate program?

I use Fraps. So yeah, separate program. Many gpu/cpu/system monitors these days have the feature as well, I think.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have the same CPU. Sure it's not the latest i7/most ghz but it's held up very well and I'd consider it to still be a pretty good one.

12GB RAM

GTX 590

7200 HDD

Win 7 Pro-64

So far runs just fine at a solid 60fps or better. Haven't been in any of the areas that caused fps drops for some in the backer beta yet, tho. original.gif

I've been itching to build a new rig, but honestly, I've not really found any reason to do so yet. This rig is working just fine for every game I've thrown at it. Might be a different story when the Witcher 3 releases though.

I believe i will be in the people who have a rig not powerful enough:

intel core 2 duo

gpu with  256 mb

4 gb ram

Which is really enough for everyday usage. It is funny when I see people telling that their slow cpu/gpu combo is enough to run the game. I wonder if those are slow, how I should describe my rig.

PS: i also have a tower with a pentium 4 that is still running :)

Not to be mean, but it falls far closer to the "runs on a toaster" side of the equation than the "needs the latest everything" side. I mean, it's basically a slightly souped up Infinity Engine game (I love it, btw, so that's not a criticism), which wasn't exactly pushing the envelope 15 years ago. 

If you look at the stated system requirements, and punch either the cpu or video card into a benchmark chart, it'll just really reinforce that point. 

I've been itching to build a new rig, but honestly, I've not really found any reason to do so yet. This rig is working just fine for every game I've thrown at it. Might be a different story when the Witcher 3 releases though.

lol, sounds exactly like me. I saw the Witcher3 requirements and thought "finally! Maybe I can justify building a new rig soon." Maybe end of the year. :)

lol, sounds exactly like me. I saw the Witcher3 requirements and thought "finally! Maybe I can justify building a new rig soon." Maybe end of the year. :)

Haha, same here.  My old computer is not great by any means but it's played all the games I've wanted it to, including Witcher 2.  Well I can't get Dragon Age: Inquisition to run because they made it so you HAVE to have a quad core.  I have a suspicion my rig would run it without that requirement though (with all settings on low and probably not that great)  but since they did that I can't even get it to play :(  So between that and The Witcher 3 I am saving up for a new computer.  Not sure if I'm just going to make it myself or buy one already built.  Pre built pc's are getting a lot cheaper these days so we'll see.  I'm still surprised at how well Pillars runs though.  I know it's older technology but it's nice they didn't throw in any ridiculous requirements like Dragon Age 3 did or do some crazy Direct X stuff.  

It's running flawlessly, smooth as butter.

1 year old Alienware x51 r2.

- Haswell Intel Core i7 4770.

- 8 GB RAM, upgraded to 16.

- GTX Geforce 760 Ti OEM. < rebranded 670.

(But I'm upgrading to a 970 GTX pretty soon.)

- It's installed on a 2 TB Hard Drive.

- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

- No cd drive, more run for air flow.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Not to be mean, but it falls far closer to the "runs on a toaster" side of the equation than the "needs the latest everything" side. I mean, it's basically a slightly souped up Infinity Engine game (I love it, btw, so that's not a criticism), which wasn't exactly pushing the envelope 15 years ago. 

If you look at the stated system requirements, and punch either the cpu or video card into a benchmark chart, it'll just really reinforce that point. 

I totally agree, the required specs are really on the lower side... but it is incredible to see how my 5 years old machine is really outdated performance wise

Game's running flawlessly, smooth as butter.

Computer's a one year old Alienware x51 r2 :

- Haswell Intel Core i7 4770.

- 8 GB RAM, was upgraded to 16.

- GTX Geforce 760 Ti OEM. rebranded 670.

(But I'm upgrading to a 970 GTX pretty soon.)

- It's installed on a 2 TB Hard Drive.

- Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

- No cd drive, so has more room for air flow.

Normally 60 frames per second.   (forgot to add)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´