French translation...

... is just very bad! I have tried to play this game yesterday evening: it seems to be good and i'm proud to have supported such a great project!

But the french localisation is bad, so bad. Ok, most of the time i can understand the meaning of the text, but remember playing Poe means loving reading!

My pleasure is not complete... Please do something.

• Like 1

The German translation has flaws, too... So I hope the French and German translation flaws will be fixed soon.

As far as I can see the texts can be edited by opening the files, but I hope there will be an official response regarding the translation improvement, before the community maybe fix it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bump,

The French translation needs a bit of rework. There's many nonsense like "The Dozens" book, which start in French by "Il y a 300ans" (wich means "300 years ago") or the english version says "Scarcely a decade ago"... 

It's a bit complicated because the lore itself is affected buy the translation's mistakes, the story line is altered and sometimes it's hard to follow the story without switching langages in the menu.

I don't mind the grammar and ortographic mistakes, but the meanings one are the real problem here. 

Thanks for the Hard work, keep going guys.

• Like 1

Bump,

The French translation needs a bit of rework. There's many nonsense like "The Dozens" book, which start in French by "Il y a 300ans" (wich means "300 years ago") or the english version says "Scarcely a decade ago"... 

It's a bit complicated because the lore itself is affected buy the translation's mistakes, the story line is altered and sometimes it's hard to follow the story without switching langages in the menu.

I don't mind the grammar and ortographic mistakes, but the meanings one are the real problem here. 

Thanks for the Hard work, keep going guys.

That's a general problem with localisations. I for one don't understand why every village's name has to be translated. At least in German that makes for some really stupid combinations. There's also some peculiar grammar involved.

Game translations are usually not top notch. That's why I always play in english whenever possible.