Walking Toggle Please

For these people who don't get it or don't care it's like this. I play a game like this for immersion. If

You don't know what immersion is go look it up. I see other characters in the game

World walking and running. When I can only run its a bit stupid. Why care? Well why care about anything then.

Why not just make the characters big block squares and the trees big triangles if this is the road you want to go down.

We care because it makes the game better for us immersion individuals to play.

• Like 2

THIS THIS THIS THIS x1000

Please add a walk toggle! I actually found this forum by googling "pillars of eternity walk" and I'm glad others have the same complaints. I see my character walk during the cutscenes so why can't I choose to walk? I remember being able to walk in the Baldur's Gate games. I'm with the OP on this... I don't feel like playing this game until the 'walk toggle' feature has been implemented.

• Like 1

Please tell me there is a way to WALK in the game... I did not wait this long to be dissapointed. I'm not talking about 'slow mode' or 'stealth mode'... I'm talking about regular normal person walking like in Baldur's Gate II! It looks idiotic to be running around like a madman inside an inn or tavern and totally kills the immersion. Is there a console cmd to activate this? 

• Like 1

Merged topics and left double post since it's not identical.  Good luck with your cause, guys.

• Like 2

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I personally don't want to walk at .05mph in the game, but a toggle that switches between run and walk is not unreasonable (people want to run, toggle it so you always run and never touch the toggle again, people who want to walk, do the opposite...). Whether Obsidian will add one or not, I don't know. I think there was discussion about it during the backer beta already. But maybe it's one of those things they just didn't have time to add in late in the game.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I personally would never use this other than to see how it works.

But it seems like the animations are in the game (per cut scenes) so it shouldn't hurt to add it? 

But if it takes time away from stuff like people with unplayable saves (Raedric Hold load bugs) or fixing broken player files (double-click killed passives) then it should obviously wait for now.

I totally agree, a walk/run toggle is needed.

It does affect immersion, especially with not being able to walk in doors and in other areas.

I remember the original Witcher game didn't have a walk option, eventually it was implemented and the immerssive level did increase considerably

I definitely agree, they should add walk toggle, it really looks wierd to be running around inns/houses/shops and I don`t like rushing around. However, my worry is that walking would be too slow to be really useable. In BG you walked everywhere. In BG2 you also "walked", however the walking speed was like doubled, so it was probably nearly same as running speed in PoE. Best would be if they increase slightly running speed and walking would be only only a bit slower than present running speed.

your post is truly taking away from what we are trying to get here, your saying that the concern of walking is not important and

that my post is not important.. this is a big issue for a lot of customers and fan base of this game,

please stop trying to wreck this opportunity for us  with your

(its no big deal replies Cloudline )

It is unimportant...  Seriously it is a nothing that if it gets added will be a good for you but in no way changes the game in a base way and there for is as unimportant as it is possible for something to be without import.

who are you to say what is or isn't important for me? I love people like you who for no reason have to come and cause an issue. its a toggle option were asking for

if you never use it, it wont even change your game. you can continue to run around like an idiot throughout the game and have nothing different that

would still be your option.

• Like 2

I support this feature, there is no reason to not have it as an option for those who need it for role playing purposes, but to be fair it's not like the lack of a walk toggle is something game breaking...

That being said, it's probably fairly easy to implement such a toggle so we'll probably see it in one of the future patches, though i reckon it won't happen for the first 2 or 3 updates considering that there are much more important things to fix, iron out and balance.

No walking option is the only reason why i am not playing the game right now.

And will not, until it's there.

I read and heard about the stamina system and was so happy about it!~

Coz i admire JA2 for that. But now... It doesn't seem to matter from that point.

Would be such a shame to just drop something i waited for so long.

But i can't merge in this marvelous world without walking.

It is my wall of sadness. That blocks me from PoE. :C

Please help me ;(

PS: or at least tell me that it's going to be there :(

So you're skipping an entire game, and all it offers, simply because it lacks the option to walk?

Honest question here - do you suffer some form of obsessive compulsion, or a mania? Because that's not normal... Everyone has different tastes and quirks, but those don't usually prevent people from enjoying different things.

Edited by IvoryOwl
  • Like 1

No walking option is the only reason why i am not playing the game right now.

And will not, until it's there.

I read and heard about the stamina system and was so happy about it!~

Coz i admire JA2 for that. But now... It doesn't seem to matter from that point.

Would be such a shame to just drop something i waited for so long.

But i can't merge in this marvelous world without walking.

It is my wall of sadness. That blocks me from PoE. :C

Please help me ;(

PS: or at least tell me that it's going to be there :(

So you're skipping an entire game, and all it offers, simply because it lacks the option to walk?

Honest question here - do you suffer some form of obsessive compulsion, or a mania? Because that's not normal... Everyone has different tastes and quirks, but those don't usually prevent people from enjoying different things.

I couldn't play the Witcher without a walk toogle option, many people had the same feelings about it, until a walk toogle was introduced via a mod.

• Like 2

From my locked thread (sorry, didn´t see this one):

Why in a roleplaying game like this there is no option to walk, specially in cities? Is even Obsidian affected by the MMO plague? I hope there is a patch soon, or maybe a mod. This is so important for me that i´m thinking in putting the game to rest until this is "fixed".

Why I consider this important? because I´m not in a hurry to finish the game, and my group looks like a bunch of morons, not a squad of adventurers.

• Like 1

For years I have been wondering the exact opposite, why in the hell do designers even put a walk toggle in a game, it never crossed my mind to walk instead of run in a game, it doesn't make me immersed it makes me bored.

Could someone please explain to me how you could want to walk everywhere in a game, because I am baffled, I just don't get it. I don't care how immersed you are in a world why would you walk across a continent(for example) instead of run if there was no transportation.

This is such a nitpicky thing to get angry about that my flabber is genuinely gasted that someone would skip a game because they couldn't walk instead of run.(and I suspect that they wouldn't walk everywhere if there was a toggle, I suspect they would run)

It was different for the IE games since they only had walking but you were going pretty quickly, imagine if normal speed in the IE was running and they took 2/3 off and called it walking

No way in hell would anyone use that option.