Walking Toggle Please

Can we please have a walking option added to the game. I see all other npcs and such walking and I have to run everywhere.

This type of game has great immersion  and needs a walking toggle please. Before all you people cry about I don't want to walk everywhere! then don't.. a TOGGLE is an option that lets you walk if you WANT to use it. If you don't want to walk then don't press the toggle.

For us people that like to walk in certain situations a walking toggle would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Like 17

Why would anyone want to walk slower? I thought this might be asking for a toggle to turn walking off...

You can enjoy the scenery and "RP" and still move faster than a snail ya know. :-p

NPCs walk. Everyone walks. I want to walk, too, for immersion reasons. It is a roleplaying game, after all, and I want to immerse myself and not stick out as "that PC that runs everywhere, even when not appropriate". Not much to ask, I think; even Bioware added a walk toggle to Dragon Age Inquisition after we asked nicely. :biggrin:

• Like 5

FdSm3p1.png

No walking option is the only reason why i am not playing the game right now.

And will not, until it's there.

I read and heard about the stamina system and was so happy about it!~

Coz i admire JA2 for that. But now... It doesn't seem to matter from that point.

Would be such a shame to just drop something i waited for so long.

But i can't merge in this marvelous world without walking.

It is my wall of sadness. That blocks me from PoE. :C

Please help me ;(

PS: or at least tell me that it's going to be there :(

Edited by kabaliero
  • Like 2

I'm not sure it's all that simple to implement.  I think you'd need a whole new set of character animations (for EACH character combination, model, armor, etc)?  

Doesn't really bother me that much.  If I feel like walking in a situation, I just go into Slow mode and the party 'runs' at walking pace.  A bit less jarring than jogging through the inn, for example. :-)

Slightly off topic...slow mode in combat is the best feature ever!

• Like 1

yes you can walk in the cut scenes so yes it is already possible for them to put it in.. I don't think it would be a major undertaking to add a walking toggle

especially if so many people want this..

This game is fantastic im not complaining believe me I love this game.. I am just trying to go for things to make it even better

• Like 1

Though I've wanted this feature as well before I played the game I now see that using Slow mode is satisfactory, truly. If you haven't tried it out do...

I do agree though that for roleplay purposes it wouldn't hurt. Perhaps a modder, rather, surely a modder will implement this at some point.

your post is truly taking away from what we are trying to get here, your saying that the concern of walking is not important and

that my post is not important.. this is a big issue for a lot of customers and fan base of this game,

please stop trying to wreck this opportunity for us  with your

(its no big deal replies Cloudline )

Edited by Mdalton31
  • Like 1

ROTFLMAO, I'm sorry... but some of you have got to be kidding. You're not playing the game because you can't walk? You can hit S to slow time down, and that's just as good. There's a "Not Suggested" review on Steam right now of someone who played the game for 0.3 hours and then quit because he couldn't walk. This whole thing is absolutely hilarious, surely I'm not the only person who sees this?

Oh, and for bonus points, if you want to walk slower than a snail, press S and Alt. Problem solved

Edited by Kaldaien
  • Like 2

ROTFLMAO, I'm sorry... but some of you have got to be kidding. You're not playing the game because you can't walk? You can hit S to slow time down, and that's just as good. There's a "Not Suggested" review on Steam right now of someone who played the game for 0.3 hours and then quit because he couldn't walk. This whole thing is absolutely hilarious, surely I'm not the only person who sees this?

Oh, and for bonus points, if you want to walk slower than a snail, press S and Alt. Problem solved

People *sometimes* tend to have a diffrent perspective.

Just finding it hilarious doesn't really justify someone as right.

Mockery is also dubious. In cases like this it only marks one dim for the others.

• Like 1

Mockery is also dubious. In cases like this it only marks one dim for the others.

So, you're telling me you're not kidding? You honestly believe that the lack of walking in this game makes it unplayable? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, I was assuming you were joking originally.

So, you're telling me you're not kidding? You honestly believe that the lack of walking in this game makes it unplayable? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, I was assuming you were joking originally.

I don't believe it's *unplayable*. I just stated how it works for me.

I'm glad people can enjoy it the way it is. I can't. Just makes me less lucky.

And i found a thread to express the uncomfort of having no such luck. That's all.

• Like 3

Guest ColinaX47

I would really love to have a walking toggle. I dont like to running around the whole time. :) Especially in Towns and Buildings.

• Like 4