Pillars of Eternity (steam): In game library but not attached to Steam profile

Felix Lighter

Question

This may be an issue with Steam and not the game but I have only experienced this with Pillars of Eternity.  I redeemed my Kickstarter steam key and the game is in my game library and is completely playable, however, it does not show up as a game in my Steam profile.   I believe this is also preventing me from unlocking achievements because after 3 hours of play, I have not unlocked the Kickstarter Backer achievement.  I've seen others report the same issue.

Stream profile:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/felixlighter

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Having this issue as well. Pretty sure Obsidian are aware of the problem.

It was frustrating yesterday, as it meant I couldn't install it remotely while I was at work. Although I wound up being unable to play it anyway.

Curiously, the Backer achievement unlocked for me, and I got the first card drop. But looking at the card in my inventory, I can't actually check my badge progress; there's no View Progress link button on the card itself.

I was just coming to report this. I am getting achievements but I cannot check them in Steam nor does it show up in my recently played. It is like Steam recognizes the game to be in your library but nothing else.

• Like 1

Make an Adventurer -> I made 3. No achievement awarded on steam profile or any pop up in game.
Completed Act I -> Completed Act I. No achievement awarded on steam profile or any pop up in game.

My steam profile does show

13.9 hrs last two weeks / 13.9 hrs on record

So it is tracking game time

Edited by kryadan

Maybe the 2 issues are unrelated then.  I'm not unlocking achievements and the game is not attached to my profile, though it is completely playable through my game library.

This is the scenario I have as well.

Same here. Game plays but doesnt show up in my last played games list. the screenshots I took isnt in my activity feed. 

When I check the Pillars achievement I get sent to my Steam profile.