Shadows Provide No Experience

patriot247

Question

In the Temple of Eothas, level 2, where you encounter the hordes of shadows, I have received zero experience in all encounters but like one. Not only does it not show up in the combat log, but I verified that my experience did not change in the character screens.

Even if this is fixed, I am afraid that this is XP I have now lost and cannot ever regain. Since this is the typical IE "squishy as all get out" phase of the game at early levels, it can hinder my progression.

7 answers to this question

I might be mistaken, since I haven't had the chance to play a lot yet, but I think you don't actually get XP from encounters - you get it for completing quests and some special events.

• Like 3

Waiter! Fresh underwear, seven blankets and a bucket of moist towelettes!

No kill XP. You can get XP from quests, beastiary additions, locks and traps.

• Like 1

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]

No kill XP. You can get XP from quests, beastiary additions, locks and traps.

So speaking of traps. If you set a trap, save your game, then reload, the trap disappears. So, is this intended as well?

Probably not. There's a couple of persistency bugs related to loading games, and that's likely one of them.

"You're a fool if you believe I would trust your benevolence. Step aside and you and your lackeys will be unhurt."

Baldur's Gate portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale portraits for Pillars of Eternity   IXI   Icewind Dale 2 portraits for Pillars of Eternity

[slap Aloth]