This is a fantastic game. I'm a Kickstarter backer and I was delighted to start playing yesterday. I'm so very happy with how it's turned out. It's a rich gestalt of beautiful artwork, great writing and deep gameplay.

One problem though - if almost entirely insignificant and more than somewhat egotistical - it seems that I was left out of the Kickstarter backer credits...

:(

Did this happen to anyone else?

Edited by Jamesgrahamuk

Hmmm. Not sure if that's the case.

Backers in the credits are divided into two categories: Gold and just plain ol' Kickstarter. I'm sure there are a good 70k+ names there in total. Just not me.

Hardly a major a problem though considering that Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 are the only Kickstarter games I backed that - you know - actually deliver an experience in the spirit of the original pitch without resorting to a weaselly ret-conning* of "expectations".

Once again, it's a fantastic game and a great job by Oblivion.

*any implied reference to weaselly ret-conning of adventure game and space trading simulation crowd-funding expectations is entirely coincidental. In fact, I didn't even mention anybody using emotive 'PC / Old School' memes as part of a crowd funding campaign that was generating funds for a business model which actually intended to encompass a multi-platform market all along. You know something else? I never said nothin' about how embracing such a model may result in products that are almost the antithesis of the original pitch and - ironically - resemble the very thing to which the crowd-funding movement was a reaction. Only cheaper. Mofo's.

Edited by Jamesgrahamuk

Hmmm. Not sure if that's the case.

Backers in the credits are divided into two categories: Gold and just plain ol' Kickstarter. I'm sure there are a good 70k+ names there in total. Just not me.

Gold is above 500$

$100 reward

1,041 backers

Previous reward tier + a PROJECT ETERNITY T-SHIRT + SPECIAL THANKS IN GAME CREDITS + THANK YOU POSTCARD FROM THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM + VIP FORUM BADGE. We really appreciate your contribution, and by showing our appreciation we will add your name to the game's credits and send you a thank you note in the mail. This tier will also unlock a special VIP badge in the PROJECT ETERNITY forums. Please add $20 for international shipping.

$500 reward

367 backers

The Complete Kickstarter Obsidian Pack: signed COLLECTOR'S EDITION BOX (cloth map, elite cloth patch, and printed manual included) + your name and a personalized message on a MEMORIAL STONE IN-GAME + full color PROJECT ETERNITY *HARD COVER* COLLECTOR'S BOOK SIGNED by the development team + A GOLD PLEDGE SPECIAL THANKS in the credits + T-SHIRT + DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE COPY OF PROJECT ETERNITY + DIGITAL DOWNLOADABLE SOUNDTRACK + A GOLD PLEDGE VIP FORUM BADGE. Your name will also go on our top pledger plaque in our office, so we can always remember your special contribution.

Yes I did, but apparently it doesn't show in the completed survey list, but when I click on the T-shirt survey I got the name that should be in the credits. Should I send a notice to the devs or something ? Honestly, I wouldn't give that much care about it, but this game is such a masterpiece that I really want to be in the credits  :yes:

Loled by the fact that 100 dollars in my country is aprox 1/6 of my salary. (and that is a good salary here)

Still, I seems that PoE is a great game, and having contributed to create it is really nice all the same.... i really felt the thanks to the backers at the beggining :D

Edited by Naurgalen

@Hydra092 I would contact them if I were you.

Loled by the fact that 100 dollars in my country is aprox 1/6 of my salary. (and that is a good salary here)

Still, I seems that PoE is a great game, and having contributed to create it is really nice all the same.... i really felt the thanks to the backers at the beggining :D

But was it same at 2012, long before value of $ incraised stupidly?

But was it same at 2012, long before value of $ incraised stupidly?

It was better, but with our constant inflation I cant remember what salary I had at that time to make a real comparison. Still I remember that I could have backed a better tier at that moment but I wanted to pledge to other projects too: Star Citizen and the new Torment. (which I did)

Well, pardon my ignorance, I stayed away from the whole forum and news for 2 years to avoid spoilers and discover this game completely fresh and without any bias, who should I contact exactly ?