This is probably not the way most like to play, but has anyone built a good silver tongued devil who can talk/cajole/trick their way past combat effectively or should I just give in and build a DPS main in order to cut everything down?

Thinking a Paladin may be the class to go with for this, but I'm brand new to the mechanics and haven't been keeping up with any pre-release info even though I'm a kickstarter backer.

Advice and opinions?

Combat is sometimes avoidable, but not always.

In any case, the best way to do this is ... *drumroll* ... advance knowledge. Not all dialogue choices unlocked by attributes actually constitute better choices - sometimes, they may even be worse. You'd need to know which ones are which.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I went wizard for this. The high int is beneficial for that class and talking. Ss long as I keep them off the front lines, the perception/resolve stats are useful for defense. Theurgist is right though, the stat-based responses aren't always better, this character has BSed their way into solutions that were a lot more dickish than I intended.