Godlikes feel like an afterthought so far

I like the game, but I feel like the Godlike race, or at least Death Godlikes, were kind of an afterthought. I am playing a death Godlike Cipher; according to the game, the most distrusted combination possible. Yet people greet me with warmth, and nobody is exhibiting the kind of apprehension I thought my character would receive. The only remark I've received so far has been a child saying "Why is your head like that?".

Then there are the things like an NPC remarking how I have shadows under my eyes due to lack of sleep (they can't see my eyes, I'm a death Godlike) and stuff like that.

While it is not major, it IS rather jarring as I am trying to roleplay my character, but from time to time get yanked out of the world due to my character's race (which is noticeably different and alien) not being recognized at all.

• Like 3

Was one of the main reasons I didn't run a godlike as my first character.

I know that those "super hard races" rarely feels the way they should when it's not a Pen and paper game.

It's just so hard to have this amount of dialogue content and basically rewriting the whole thing for one specific class/race.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . .

when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you

Yep. One point that really got me: one character still asks you if you've ever conceived a child if you're a Godlike ... even though Godlike are infertile.

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Playing a moon godlike I am finding it fairly easy to roleplay. People around me are spooked by my "status" from time to time as the watcher and the magics tied into the role fit well with the color scheme. The miniature space piglet also goes quite well with my character. I am pretending that part of the reason I was spared was because of my Moon Godlike nature. I haven't run into any specific reactions to Moon Godlike yet but I assume they will come with time.