When will IE Mod be available for d/l?

Doxy

You can't loot bodies on the ground anymore - we removed it because it doesn't work very well - you accidentally click on bodies ALL the time in combat (trust me, it was really annoying).

You will be able to loot chests and move items around in your inventory, but not armor.

Edited by Sensuki

Y'know... I wasn't going to use this mod. And I wouldn't if certain aspects of the mod weren't optional (I'd like to play with engagement despite its shortcomings, for example - at least the first few times). But.... then I saw some of the default backer NPC names in the mod's description. And I was like "aww hell no!". Still salty about that. So, IE mod it is. :p

A few questions:

1) Does the mod also remove the "special frame" (AKA "lulz immersion is for noobs") the backer NPCs get? Or is there an option to remove them in the game by default?

2) Any plans to make the level cap uncapper optional? I can't imagine the post-lvl-8 abilities, talents, etc are properly balanced yet since they're not supposed to be included in the base game. And I would like to experience the game mechanics as designed (again, at least at first).

Either way, ty for the mod. Not sure when I'll actually *get* to PoE, but when I do I'm sure it'll enhance my experience greatly. :)

Edited by Matt516

Y'know... I wasn't going to use this mod. And I wouldn't if certain aspects of the mod weren't optional (I'd like to play with engagement despite its shortcomings, for example - at least the first few times). But.... then I saw some of the default backer NPC names in the mod's description. And I was like "aww hell no!". Still salty about that. So, IE mod it is. tongue.png

Funnily enough, the "rename backers" mod doesn't work currently, at least in the gilded vale's tavern. I already made a fix, will upload it tomorrow.

1) Does the mod also remove the "special frame" (AKA "lulz immersion is for noobs") the backer NPCs get? Or is there an option to remove them in the game by default?

You mean the one that was in the early backer beta? They removed it themselves, that text now appears only in the dialog format if you talk to a backer npc. I didn't touch that, cause you don't have to talk to them. I certainly don't.

2) Any plans to make the level cap uncapper optional? I can't imagine the post-lvl-8 abilities, talents, etc are properly balanced yet since they're not supposed to be included in the base game. And I would like to experience the game mechanics as designed (again, at least at first).

The game's level cap is at 12, so that mod was removed, because it wasn't needed any more.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

By the by, if anyone else wants to know the install path for GoG games on OS X, by default it's /Applications/Pillars\ of\ Eternity.app/Contents/Resources/game/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Data/ . If you like using a gui to copy files on OS X, you can just run open /Applications/Pillars\ of\ Eternity.app/Contents/Resources/game/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Data/ from the terminal to open the folder in the Finder. 

Thanks for making such an excellent mod, Bester!

If you like using a gui to copy files on OS X, you can just run open /Applications/Pillars\ of\ Eternity.app/Contents/Resources/game/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Data/ from the terminal to open the folder in the Finder. 

If case you don't want to use the terminal, simply right click on the Game.app -> Show Package Contents 

If you like using a gui to copy files on OS X, you can just run open /Applications/Pillars\ of\ Eternity.app/Contents/Resources/game/PillarsOfEternity.app/Contents/Data/ from the terminal to open the folder in the Finder. 

If case you don't want to use the terminal, simply right click on the Game.app -> Show Package Contents 

...Twice :-). (The gog version has a launcher that actually launches PoE; I posted the path because it's a little labyrithine!) 

Bester, I know you're probably not going to do this, but it'd be great to have the option to leave tab displaying everyone's tooltip, not just the current cursor. Also, I've read about how you wrote a decompiler for Assembly-CSharp.dll --  colour me most impressed. Thank you!

• Like 1

Bester, I know you're probably not going to do this, but it'd be great to have the option to leave tab displaying everyone's tooltip, not just the current cursor.

Quite a few people asked for it, so it'll be implemented in the next version.

• Like 3
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Lol, ie mod has blue selection cycles, when they were blue at some part of the beta and were asked to change to green to look more ie.

Matilda is a Natlan woman born and raised in Old Vailia. She managed to earn status as a mercenary for being a professional who gets the job done, more so when the job involves putting her excellent fighting abilities to good use.

Lol, ie mod has blue selection cycles, when they were blue at some part of the beta and were asked to change to green to look more ie.

IE mod has blue selection circles for NPCs and green for party, as is the case in IE games.

Blue selection circles are still in the game for color blind mode.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Why would anyone ask to have neutral NPC:s with green circles, "to look more ie", when in the IE games, neutral NPC:s had cyan circles?

Not having cyan circles for neutral NPC:s has to be the dumbest thing in PoE. There's all kinds of pro:s and con:s to various design decisions, and a lot of things can be argued back and forth, with some merit to various positions, but having everyone that isn't overtly hostile display in a uniform colour has to be the single dumbest thing, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

t50aJUd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Josh and Tim can't see the difference between green and blue or something (or can't see the difference between green and the grass), that's pretty much the reason why they made them one color or the other.

The only reason we got green circles at all is because I and others continuously complained about the blue circles.

Edited by Sensuki

Josh and Tim can't see the difference between green and blue or something (or can't see the difference between green and the grass), that's pretty much the reason why they made them one color or the other.

The only reason we got green circles at all is because I and others continuously complained about the blue circles.

That actually just makes it even dumber, if true.

"I can't differentiate between green and blue, and can't tell the difference between allies and neutrals. Now neither can you because if I can't have it no-one can, play it my way or not at all stop playing with my toys you're doing it wrong this is badwrongfun!".

Actually.. eh.. that's pretty much the vibes I've gotten from Sawyer for a long time so I guess it makes sense.

Blue circles for everyone would've been terrible.

• Like 1

t50aJUd.jpg