Hours played not showing on Steam

Kingsy

Question

Pretty simply whenever I play my copy on Steam it doesn't record any game hours being played. It's kind of a bummer cause I'm sure I'll be playing a boat load and I like to see my game history on Steam.. it's kind of like a shinny badge. ;(

Anyone else experiencing this?

2 answers to this question

I'll ask the super obvious - are you playing in online mode? Steam doesn't record hours played if in offline mode. If that's not it...dunno. :/

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'll ask the super obvious - are you playing in online mode? Steam doesn't record hours played if in offline mode. If that's not it...dunno. :/

Lol no unfortunately that's not it. But I have noticed something very strange. When I view all my games from my steam profile the actual game itself isn't even listed, this is not to be confused with the "Library" tab where the game does shows up. Also unable to view achievements. I'm not sure exactly what this implies.. I've never had this happen before.