One minor complaint (for developer) on save file names

I have one minor complaint; this is really meant for developers in case they are willing to make a change - not sure of the correct method to submit such - and that is there is no option to 'name' save files. The reason this is a 'complaint' is that I often use save file names as a way to identify why the file was saved - such as 'experimental thief' or 'test jumping into pit' :)

-

I guess complaint isn't really the right word - perhaps request for minor feature change ?

-

Other than that seems great but I haven't gotten to far. Was kind of sad when [oops can't say i guess it would be a spoiler].

• Like 9

Same here. I just noticed that.  I also used saved game names to identify certain characters and situations. I always have one named: Holy crap! for those situations where I'm pretty sure I'm about to get into a big fight and die lol.  It's not a big deal or a game breaker but I'd love to be able to name my saved games too.

• Like 2

It is an overall minor complaint, but I always miss being able to name saved games when I can't. It's much easier to keep track of where you are and what you're doing if you can name them. It also leaves a more interesting trail when you're looking back on a certain time playing through the game.

• Like 1

knightofchaoss.jpg

Yep, although surely not a major feature, it would be a welcomed addition. Hopefully Obsidian will find some spare time to implement it :)

• Like 1

"The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance" - Wing Commander IV

I <whatever the number is by now> this request.

I routinely name my saves with generic names (good, temp, danger, hurt, talk, fight, selling, okay etc) and then zip them and archive them. This assigned naming puts me in the same position I had with Witcher, where I had to keep track on a piece of scratch paper what was going on with the saves and could only tell the difference by the time stamp.

Yeah, I save way too much, but in my defense I hate having to go back and replay. I don't mind making a bad choice or having a bad outcome (living with the results is a big part of the fun), so  I save all the time just to keep from having to do things a second time.