My only real complaint about Raedrics Hold:

Funny thing is I'm *so* lazy, I decided not to equip the other 3 folks I had with me at the time to see what would happen - TURNS OUT - (I have the options off so maybe it was tied to my resolve or perception or something) - you can claim they're just mercs to guard you and nobody pays the fact that they don't have the proper gear on any mind!  So you only have to change your set of clothes off and on! :D

Edited by Gallenger

Funny thing is I'm *so* lazy, I decided not to equip the other 3 folks I had with me at the time to see what would happen - TURNS OUT - (I have the options off so maybe it was tied to my resolve or perception or something) - you can claim they're just mercs to guard you and nobody pays the fact that they don't have the proper gear on any mind!  So you only have to change your set of clothes off and on! :D

You know, I had that exact same dialogue but I had everybody equipped with the robes....so I wasn't sure if it would work without them...and then I put them on again every time I came to that floor afterwards, so I don't know if that sticks, either.

It does - again - laziness lol.  I went out up top for something, said "well maybe they'll recognize me without my robes" ... they didn't.  Still have to be careful who you talk to even with the robes. 

Edited by Gallenger

I am seriously stuck at this quest.

I am in the temple area with the priests robes and I have to meet this one guy, I forgot his name , who is behind the locked door.

Now, no person on my party has sufficient mechanics skill to open the door and I cant hire an adventurer with sufficient skill either, what am I supposed to do here?

The thing I hate about Raedric's hold is going there with only 3 party members. 

Edit: While entertaining at first, I take it I am screwed and wasted a number of hours going through the castle since I can't hack the final battle?

Edited by DCParry

Edit: While entertaining at first, I take it I am screwed and wasted a number of hours going through the castle since I can't hack the final battle?

I'll tell you this, I had a five-person party and I still had to cheese Rolling Flames bounces to win it.

You know u can create custom adventurers right? I have a party of 5 adventurers and managed to kill everyone in this  area.

I went at it traditional style - with only the 3 party members I'd found and myself (I'm a Paladinial). 

The final battle did have to be scammed *somewhat* in so far as I had my paladin tank walk up the stairs - and everybody else (the more squishy types) stay at the bottom.  But really, it's just solid tactical thinking - don't want to have everybody get surrounded - salients and so forth right? I justified it to myself anyhow. 

I mean... the door you need to unlock is only level 4 mech + lock picks. 

I should be careful to point out that I too didn't think I could open the door - the rub is the lock picks must be in the inventory of the person doing the lock picking - and you must have the lock picker selected when you click on the door - otherwise it'll just tell you it's a no go.  Now, lock picks may be an issue (you need 5 I think, and 4 skill? something like that - on normal anyways) but there are ~10 lock picks that I found in the hold itself so that's not really an issue.  You need to unlock the door one way or another. 

If you made the mistake of having a party devoid of mech skill, just go back to town and hire up a merc and get him 4 skill points in mech and hand him 5 lock picks and you're good to go. 

Yeah. I'm getting slaughtered in there. I don't know how you people play on Path of the Damned or whatever. I'm contemplating making a deal with him to avoid that battle, but that would just be so awful.

I'm not sure which locked door you're talking about because I'm playing a rogue with high mechanics, so I don't even pay attention when I'm unlocking stuff, but there's a hidden lever on the wall in a chamber east of Nedmar, it opens another way to his room. Does that help or did you mean some other door that can't be bypassed this way?

Edited by Rosveen

You know u can create custom adventurers right? I have a party of 5 adventurers and managed to kill everyone in this  area.

Yes, but I was trying to play the game with the scripted companions and not bundles of numbers following me around ;-)

I'm still getting attacked while wearing the Berathian Priest Robes, tried removing all my weapons, still everybody charges me on sight.

Sided with Osrya with the intention of going over to Nedmar if he seemed reasonable. But I can't get to him without slaughtering half the castle... and then what's the point of keeping the deal with Osrya, when she sends me to Raedric and I'm like: "Hey, I just killed all your knights and priests and **** but can't we be friends?"

I'm still getting attacked while wearing the Berathian Priest Robes, tried removing all my weapons, still everybody charges me on sight.

Sided with Osrya with the intention of going over to Nedmar if he seemed reasonable. But I can't get to him without slaughtering half the castle... and then what's the point of keeping the deal with Osrya, when she sends me to Raedric and I'm like: "Hey, I just killed all your knights and priests and **** but can't we be friends?"

Did you steal anything? Luckily I quick-save like a fiend and was able to recover. The stealing icon is VERY easy to miss, your little icon hand turns red means YOU NO TOUCH!

I don't know how you people play on Path of the Damned or whatever.

Well, I got slaughtered with my party of 4. Than I hired myself 2 tanky mercenaries and managed to do it on the second attempt. Not exactly my style, I hope this won't be the best strategy for every hard fight to come...

I don't know what order you all are doing stuff in, but I had 6 people in my party and I just ran through and conquered the castle.

I thought that was what you were supposed to do- go up the vines on the east side and kill everyone in sight until you find Raedric.

Speaking of, I just did that does anyone know where the loot is at the end of the mission? Kolsc said I could have all the stuff in Raedric's Vaults but I don't know where that is... I've conquered pretty much the whole castle.

I need to get back to my stronghold before bandits attack ( I only have a few days left to prepare) but I don't want to leave my loot behind or something.

theres-no-fun-in-the-galactic-empire_o_9

Yes, but I was trying to play the game with the scripted companions and not bundles of numbers following me around ;-)

Pick up Durance, and maybe Sagani. If you only have three, I'm betting it's you, Eder, and Aloth, right?

Speaking of, I just did that does anyone know where the loot is at the end of the mission? Kolsc said I could have all the stuff in Raedric's Vaults but I don't know where that is... I've conquered pretty much the whole castle.

I've seen a lot of people asking about it after searching on google, but no real certain answers.