Please add encumbrance for the Expansion

I've noticed that if you fill your inventory and you try to pick up an item the character makes a comment that "it's too heavy" and it goes to the stash.

I suspect there was an item weight/encumbrance system in the works which later got cut out. I hope it gets added to the expansion and I believe it would make the game more interesting.

I suggest you play on expert mode. It limits the access to the stash.

I've noticed that if you fill your inventory and you try to pick up an item the character makes a comment that "it's too heavy" and it goes to the stash.

I suspect there was an item weight/encumbrance system in the works which later got cut out. I hope it gets added to the expansion and I believe it would make the game more interesting.

I suggest you play on expert mode. It limits the access to the stash.

No it doesn't. I'll explain. (though I've repeated this many times, usually to people who haven't tried the option)

Limited stash is an option with or without Expert mode but what it does is disallow taking objects out of the stash, not putting objects into the stash. This is the stupidest possible approach.

First, it doesn't really limit the stash and it doesn't prevent vacuum-cleaner behavior. Second, from an immersion point of view I'm having a difficult time justifying it - much more difficult than I have justifying the IE games' weight allowance system. Third, if I accidentally send an item to the stash while I'm in the wilderness, I have no way to undo my action.

What I do is play (still on Expert mode) without using the stash at all, except for enchantment ingredients, which I have no means to put in my inventory and they aren't meant to be there anyway.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

This isn't the Sims. We're also lacking toilet breaks (a tiresome affair for the follow in plate armour!), the development of infected wounds that require amputation, burns leaving permanent disfigurement, taking off heavy armor taking hours, constantly having to eat, storekeepers being awake 24/7 and so on and so forth.

What would be 'immersive' for you would be 'a giant pain in the cloaca' for the rest of us bird-godlikes.

• Like 2