How to determine distance from enemies & spell area for AoE spells

So far, the game is fantastic, just a couple of nuinances while playing with a Druid on Normal and Expert:

1. Is there a way to view more spell detail other than right clicking on a spell to get a pop up window?

Right now I just right click on a particular spell and this brings a floating window with a lot of great detailed info. The problem is that if you right click on another spell to view its detail, a second window will pop up with the appropriate detail, but the previous one (even though you cannot see it anymore) still lingers. After viewing a few spell details (5 popup windows openned), I have to go back and close each of the windows one by one before I can open a new one (the game even allows you to open the same spell details multiple instances of the same popup windows).

2. Is there a way to determine how far away an enemy is in meters? This also applies to AoE spells, is there a way to visually determine the area/cone that the spell will affect? I suspect this is because I am playing on Expert but I dont want to find out Im wrong by disabling it and not being able to enable it back again.

Thanks for your help, folks!

This is also something I've been wondering in relation to my ranger's ability (accuracy bonus if more than 4 metres from target), and I'm also contemplating the Marksman talent (which gives bonus vs 'distant' enemies).

I haven't noticed any UI indications of whether these effects apply or not. It would be useful to know.

Edited by Simon280586