PC: Druid or Cipher?

Hi guys,

I'm really having a hard time deciding between Druid and Cipher for my player character.

I usually enjoy playing with a not too squishy spellcasting hard hitter with some added utility skills for variety: F/M and Avenger druid in BG2 for example.

As far as I can tell, both POE classes are not too conventional, are capable of hitting hard and provide varied gameplay.

-I like that the Cipher also uses weapons, and that there is no daily limit to their spells.

-Druids on the other hand seem a bit more durable, and their spell roster appears a bit more colorful

Is there anyone who tried both extensively and is willing to comment on how they compare? Thanks  

Both are extremely strong classes right now and a great choice for your PC. However, if you want to play on PotD, I recommend taking a tank class for your PC, simply because the NPC companions are not Min/Maxed and won't take a lot of punishment before going down.

Not everyone cares about having min/maxed characters. Just saying. Although yes if one cares about that, the companions aren't the best stat-wise I suppose.

I like that the story companions aren't "perfect", personally - it makes them seem more like, well, characters.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not everyone cares about having min/maxed characters. Just saying. Although yes if one cares about that, the companions aren't the best stat-wise I suppose.

I like that the story companions aren't "perfect", personally - it makes them seem more like, well, characters.

Absolutely! I'm just saying that Min/Maxing is pretty much required in order to succeed in PotD right now. It's insane how hard this mode is.

I'm all about the story and the lore and that kind of stuff so fortunately easy mode can neutralize the annoyance that is combat so you can focus your skills on dialogue enhancing stuff like intelligence and perception and so on without having to cringe every time you have to drop a point into strength knowing it's basically wasted for the sole purpose of combat.....or at the very best intimidation that doesn't really give you new information about anything in the game.

With all that said to answer your question more directly I don't so much care for combat functionality or non dialogue-enhancing/lore skills and I find the Druid lore rather dull but Cyphers on the other hand are absolutely fascinating imo....especially when they also happen to be godlike.

Edited by Darth Trethon

1zq6793.jpg

I agree the Cipher has more interesting lore than the Druid (too hippie for my taste), but you will likely be in combat for a large portion of the game, and the Druid's spells look really cool.

Decisions decisions...

BTW for Cipher I was thinking about using a ranged weapon (likely blunderbuss) due to its squishiness. The Druid would get stag form, again because it looks cool :p