I got that shield too, but it didn't give me any active skills to "bash". I did notice however that my paladin hits twice and has two accuracy modifiers on the character screen. So I'm assuming "bash" means you can hit with the shield... like dual-wielding but you get a deflection bonus.

• Like 1

Yeah, it allows the shield to be used as a weapon. It in no way tells you this, but if you open up the inventory and look at the tab on the right, the wielder now has a secondary attack.  Surprise!

Personally, I'd like a hyperlink for Vessels and other types, so I can actually tell what is what.  It certainly includes undead, but... also other things, like wichts.  Because reasons. So what else falls into which category?

• Like 1

Yeah, it allows the shield to be used as a weapon. It in no way tells you this, but if you open up the inventory and look at the tab on the right, the wielder now has a secondary attack.  Surprise!

Personally, I'd like a hyperlink for Vessels and other types, so I can actually tell what is what.  It certainly includes undead, but... also other things, like wichts.  Because reasons. So what else falls into which category?

I agree. What, *exactly*, is a "wilder"?!

I agree. What, *exactly*, is a "wilder"?!

Here's the link with answers: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Creature

• Like 2

It acts as a weapon in addition to its defensive stats.

Just like dual wielding.

I stopped using that shield because I want my tank to use his MH weapon to dmg.

actually, I just discovered that if you enchant the larder door to "fine".... you lose the bash ability (which is a bug).  so if you want to use the door as a shield, but only use your primary weapon, then enchant it.  well, at least until they fix the bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it's two attacks, as it acts like wielding two weapons. Wait for confirmation though.

Side note: does this also grant a knockdown effect? I seem to see some mobs being knocked down sometimes without me actually activating the talent, so I wonder if that's a component of Shield Bash as well.

I thought bash meant the it gave you the ability to use the shield as weapon, but otherwise is just a normal shield.

Currently have Larder Door on Eder and if you select him from the main screen an extra icon is there next to his normal knockdown one. I think the 'Bash 2' means you can select it twice per an encounter. If you don't use the ability then it just acts like a normal shield as opposed to dual wielding two weapons.

Maybe using bash has a chance to cause knockdown so a non fighter could equip it and use it for knockdown effect, otherwise maybe not much incentive to use the bash ability because you'd want to use your main hand weapon to attack.

This is just a general observation I've made so it could be incorrect.