At least 50 hours. If the game goes for $49.99 (average MSRP for most new titles), that's approximately 1 dollar per hour, which fits my dollars per hour ratio for PC games. Now if it's over 50 hours, then thats great value. If it's under, it better be on point with the replay value. B)

IMHO KotOR was a little too short. But the game was very well done so you didn't really notice that it was quite short.

But 50h without any optional quests are what they should aim for in KotOR2 and perhaps 70-80h (wishful thinking) with those quests + with the changes when playing light side/dark side then it would offer many sleepless nights if it was that long.. :D

At least 50 hours. If the game goes for $49.99 (average MSRP for most new titles), that's approximately 1 dollar per hour, which fits my dollars per hour ratio for PC games. Now if it's over 50 hours, then thats great value. If it's under, it better be on point with the replay value. B)

Heh.. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who calculates the $/h ratio.. :unsure: But however if it's short but really sweet I'd much rather get that game then a game that's long and boring.. But $/h plays a big part in making me decide between 2 games.

Yes KOTOR two was to short. Hopefully more main missions, side quests and different combinations will make KOTOR longer with more replaybiliy

From what i heard from the devs, there WILL be more side-quests in KotORII, making the possible game-length a bit longer.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

side-quests are the usual method for extending game time. You can sail through Kotor in under 20 hours if you focus on the main story, but by taking your time and doing every quest possible you can squeeze out 40+ hours.

Who cares about a bunch of sidequests when all they lead to is clicking the red box over the enemies four times for the umpteenth time, or walking down long corridors on some fed ex quest.

I can't imagine anything they could put in the game that would make it worth playing, it will be a "been there done that" expansion.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Thats another thing I didn't like about KOTOR (But I'm not going to create a thread about it. :p )

The developers said that if you played through KOTOR doing EVERYTHING like the side quest and stuff, then the game could roll out somewhere to 80 hours of gameplay. My second time through I took my time and did EVERYTHING every single side-quest you can do and I still only got like 40-50 hours of it.

This is how I hope KOTOR II is:

Playing through it by just doing the main story: 40-60 hours

Playing through it by doing the main story plus all side-quest and other things.: 60-100 hours.

Yes thats asking for too much but we can dream cant we?

Sidequests are important to break up the gameplay, which makes the game feel more diverse. I would like to see more companion quests that are far more involved and lengthy.

Yet you will buy it. Figures.

I might, but likely I will leech it like I did KotOR, there are lots of hard core gamers in the office that buy everything when it comes out.

I don't buy game on release based on prieviews anymore, NWN cured me of that.

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

They can make it longer by making longer corridors.

Oh dear, now Halo comes to mind ;)

Seriously though, they can always make the game longer by having more complicated quests instead of fedex-like that you encounter now and then.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy