Strategy Guide and Lore book as kindle books?

So i love the lore book, and the stratergy guide. Problem is they don't work properly on android devices because the files are so huge. Any chance of them getting made as ebooks sold on the likes of Amazon? I'd love to have these on my kindle, which IMO is the whole point of them being digital really. I'd even rebuy them just for that

So i love the lore book, and the stratergy guide. Problem is they don't work properly on android devices because the files are so huge. Any chance of them getting made as ebooks sold on the likes of Amazon? I'd love to have these on my kindle, which IMO is the whole point of them being digital really. I'd even rebuy them just for that

The Prima guide is too big (100MB limit), but I have the Guidebook uploaded to my Google Play account and it works beautifully. I'm reading it on my Nexus 9.

I did chunk up the Prima guide into manageable amounts and upload it, but then decided to just buy the physical copy anyway  :biggrin:

The Dude abides.

Calibre doesnt work because of some DRM, file is too big to send with gmail... Its hopeless trying to read it on the iphone... Why not just make the digital editions userfriendly so we can enjoy it on the go

Just gotta say there's no DRM on either of these PDFs. No password, and all security lockable features are allowed.

It did say on Calibre when I tried to convert that it wasnt possible because of DRM. But next try it didnt say that, just köpt working on comverting the file for hours but not getting more than 1% done.

Why not just make it as a textdokument instead if that crappy pdf :(

Yup as has been said, the files are to big.

I have sent the lore book and almanac to Amazon and had it converted, only for it to break everything and look horrible with large gaps, blank pages and everything. the Strat guide is just way to big to be sent via email, and even if it was sendable you'd still have the same issues as with the lore books.

having a .mobi/.epub version would be the best solution.

Also you can't convert the strat guide in calibre (i tried multiple times, including on a 12 core system), my guess it's ust to big for calibre to work with. But again you'd just get the same issues as with Amazon

As a collector of RPG PDFs I know the desire of Mobi/Epub versions of the books. And the fact of the matter is that books with images like these just do not work as mobi/epub and would take a whole new layout conversion to be usable as such. I've seen it done and have done it for an RPG company and it is not the simplest thing to make look good and still have the same flow of the original document.

It is probably not worth the extra man hours of time it would take to make the conversion to Epub/Mobi.

As a collector of RPG PDFs I know the desire of Mobi/Epub versions of the books. And the fact of the matter is that books with images like these just do not work as mobi/epub and would take a whole new layout conversion to be usable as such. I've seen it done and have done it for an RPG company and it is not the simplest thing to make look good and still have the same flow of the original document.

It is probably not worth the extra man hours of time it would take to make the conversion to Epub/Mobi.

Not true, it works just fine. Dragon Age released bth their strat guide and lore book on  kindle at is exactly the same as the print version. Works perfecty