The one glaring problem I see in this game.

Maybe that ability isn't targeting Will. Have you moused over the line in the Combat Log that involves that fampyre's ability usage, to see what math is going on there? It may be that he's just too much for your at the moment. If he's rolling 80's, and the highest defense you can put up is 50, you're either going to need to become more powerful before tackling that, or you're going to need to Interrupt or otherwise incapacitate the ever-living crap out of that guy.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I know what he talks about. Not about interrupting, no, proper stunlocking. Playing on PotD.

Ah OK, you were referring to knockdown and freeze. Yeah sure, those are abilities. But... um, isn't it kind of the point to have monsters with various ways to punch you in the nuts, so you can then figure out ways to beat them?

Permastun from phantoms IS a bit too much IMO. It's a permanent -30 to deflection, and defensive items or abilities cannot be used by the tank, double trouble. They really need to add per encounter powers to mobs in cases like this, because some OP stuff as innate ability is pure terror on the harder difficulties, where you can't end the fight fast with blitz tactics. Knockdown from wolves is per encounter, based on what I've seen (the corresponding action icon appears when they use it, same as the fighters's ability), didn't have any problems with that. Permadaze from skuldrs (king!) and shades is manageable, although again, I would prefer it as a limited-use power, not an innate ability triggering on Every. Single. Attack.

Could have long durations and/or multiple uses. It really sucks that eventually I run out of debuffs and whatnot, but they never do.

I'm going to sleep now, but the 2 phantom, 3 shade fight in the Caed Nua courtyard, with no chokepoint nearby is my recent headache. I won a 2 phantom fight in the Eothas temple with doorway positioning, only 1 shade was able to attack the tank (my character) initially, and Aloth and a custom ranged DPS rogue managed to kill one phantom and damage the other before they got to the tank. It was a narrow victory, used up all my abilities in a single fight, plus consumed Ale +2 DR, Cheese +10 Endurance with the tank, and in the end, only Aloth and the rogue were standing.

As for using scrolls... I found 2 scrolls so far, can craft 1 more, no shops sell them so far. Money isn't endless either (at this point), need it for camping supplies, crafting, enchanting, buying other consumables. I would LOVE to abuse scrolls, believe me, I already put the points into Lore. :)

Edited by Endrosz

The Seven Blunders/Roots of Violence: Wealth without work. Pleasure without conscience. Knowledge without character. Commerce without morality. Science without humanity. Worship without sacrifice. Politics without principle. (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi)

Let's Play the Pools Saga (SSI Gold Box Classics)

Pillows of Enamored Warfare -- The Zen of Nodding

Sounds like you're just under-leveled for the area you're in. Endless Paths isn't meant to be played straight through-- the difficulty ramp up as you descend is set up so it gets harder far faster than your characters get more powerful. Players are meant to come back throughout the course of the main game.

You may just be fighting enemies with special abilities that your characters just aren't high level/geared enough to resist.

The only stun-locking I've experienced so far is packs of wolves knocking down a target again and again. Which becomes less of an issue when you start gathering party members to spread out the pain. In my experience (level 5 so far) the first 2-3 levels, where you have a small party and spells that are barely better than auto-attack, are definitely harder than when you arrive in Defiance Bay with a full party and you start getting solid CC and damage spells.