Rogue Reckless Assault Bug?

pavlyn

Question

Reckless Assault seems to be suppressing itself because i tried to toggle it.  I removed all my gear and equipped unenchanted weapons with no modifers that effected accuracy, deflection or +damage as well as deactivated my other modal ability without the Suppression effect disappearing.

I loaded a much earlier save and the suppresion was not in effect, but i could force it to be suppressed by trying to toggle Reckless Assault off.  However, when I tried to reactivate the modal ability the suppression would not go away.  i was even able to get it to list each effect suppressed twice at one point.

Is there a way to fix this?  I feel my rogue is still doing fine, but that extra accuracy and 20% damage sure would be nice.  Thanks for any help.

16 answers to this question

Yea, this is a bug, my rogue can´t debuff the reckless assault (asalto temerario in spanish), in the description this ability don´t figure like a mode ability.

I tried to post this bug whit a saved game and log file, but i can´t upload (even my avatar picture D:)

I have the gog.com preorder hero edition on windows 7 pro, Phenom X4 965BE, 8GB RAM, R9 270.

I currently have Reckless Assault 'stuck' on my character; it cannot be toggled off.  Reloading the client causes the game to think Reckless Assault is now off, thus enabling the player to activate Reckless Assaullt again, resulting in the old Reckless Assault being suppressed and the new one overriding.  This effect also cannot be disabled.

I currently have Reckless Assault 'stuck' on my character; it cannot be toggled off.  Reloading the client causes the game to think Reckless Assault is now off, thus enabling the player to activate Reckless Assaullt again, resulting in the old Reckless Assault being suppressed and the new one overriding.  This effect also cannot be disabled.

The same problem for me, Reckless assault icon and effect stucks on my character even after encounter/sleep/reload/restart and cannot be turned off. It's very annoying as my rogue now has very weak deflection.

Let me chime in and confirm that I have two "copies" of Reckless Assault active, but only one of them provides an Accuracy and damage bonus.  They both reduce my character's Deflection by 8 each, however.  Can't really keep playing the game with things as they are. 

Notice: avoid this ability bugging out simply by never trying to turn it off.  That is what I have done for the time being.

That thread should be stickied together with the "double clicking items to equip them breaks your game" stuff. Everybody needs to be aware of it.

Please elaborate.

Edited by Yosharian

Please elaborate.

If you double-click an item, such as a weapon or a suit of armor, to equip it, and there is another item already in that slot, then the current item is remove and the new one is put in its place.  All that is fine.  The problem is that when this happens the game permanently removes all of your active effects that are not provided by items that are still equipped.  So, for example, you might have class or racial active effects that would be removed.  If they are modal then you can probably just reactivate them.  If they are passive, then they are gone forever.

See here for more information:

[PSA] GAME-BREAKING BUG AFFECTING EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU! Temporary fix for party members only currently.

Same problem here, I cannot disable Reckless Assault!!! What a waste of ability point, so many bugs :(

I hope this will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Btw. I thought that there was a backer beta, how is it possible that so many bugs were missed?

Edited by madPav3L

Yep, happened to me as well. I wonder if it's universally bugged, or only in some cases. It does seem to turn off if i dismiss and re-hire the character, although it it'll stick again if used. Looks like the best 'fix' is to never use it and add another ability instead via console.